Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Luke 💕

"Hey mate, I heard what happened earlier. We're both here for you, okay?" Ashton reassured, rubbing my shoulder from behind. I let out a huge sigh and shut my eyes, shaking my head slowly.

"Nothing's going right. I don't know what's wrong with him. I know he was under the influence of alcohol... but he's never told me to fuck off before."

He sat down next to me with a sympathetic smile. "Listen. You two, your bond is stronger than any other bond in this world, and I know that no matter what, that bond will exist forever. This isn't the end of the world! You've both got ages to figure this out, and guess what? The best part is that at the end, you get to look back and laugh at how idiotic you were being at the time."

I sniffed. "But that's not now. I don't know how to fix this. I've tried, a lot. I don't know what else to do. Besides, the winter talent show is coming up and we were supposed to be performing as a duo..."

"Hey, you can find someone else. Mikey! Come over here," he yelled, as Michael reluctantly put down his DS and approached us.

"What up." He looked tired and angry at us for making us pause his game.

"Sing with Luke for the talent show."

He frowned, cocking his head to the side. "No! That's for him and Calum, I'm not taking his place!"

"Please?" I begged, the insides of my eyebrows raising higher than I could possibly reach. "Just this once?"

But he was adamant. "Calum is supposed to do it with you, he's always done it with you. You two just need to patch things up, and it'll all be solved. You can sing Ed Sheeran with him again, like you do every year."

"You guys..."

"Sorry Luke, but it's time to wake up to reality. You can't escape him forever, no matter how difficult he's being," Ashton lectured, putting on his stern face. My eyes dotted between the two and I nodded.

"Okay. I'll figure something out."

~

Over dinner that evening, mum could tell something was up and was determined to get it out of me.

"Luke? If you don't tell me what's wrong, I'll confiscate your phone and laptop for the whole evening."

I wrinkled my nose and put down my fork, rubbing my eyes tiredly. "I don't think Calum will want to do the winter talent show with me."

She sighed. "Aw Luke, have you two still not sorted it out yet?" Although I wasn't looking directly at Felicity, I could see a sly little smirk tugging at her lips.

"Nope."

"Do you want me to have a word with Joy?"

"No! We can sort it out ourselves, mum."

She raised her eyebrows but dropped it.

Then, Felicity put her fork down and stared at me. "Hey Luke. I could do the talent show with you."

I internally rolled my eyes. "Can you even sing?" I asked rhetorically, taking a mouthful of vegetables.

"Yeah."

I externally rolled my eyes. "Prove it."

She sighed and pouted. "Look, I want to help you out because I'm beginning to get the feeling that this whole thing might be my fault... don't know why, but it's a gut feeling and I don't feel good with it inside."

"At least you know," I mumbled, but received a light kick from mum under the table because of it. "I don't want you to participate unless you're prepared to do your best and win."

"I promise, I'll try."

I began to think this wasn't such a bad idea after all, because now I was reminded of when Calum dated Jack just to get me jealous.

Well, two could play at this 'jealous' game, and it was my turn now.

I was gonna make Calum jealous no matter what.

***

THINGS ARE HEATING UP YES

God knows if this is going to work though...

Dedication today goes to TheBestUnicorn99 for voting recently! Thank you very much, hope you're enjoying this :))

Question... what time do you guys normally sleep? Weekdays, its 10:30-11pm and weekends, it's 11pm- 12am XD

Okay gonna go get ready for school :\

Thanks for reading!

Vote+Comment for dedication/virtual 5sos phone

Kimmy xx