Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Luke 💕

I'm not a pervert, I wrote.

I just wanted to know if they were actually doing it.

Whether they were truly consummating their relationship.

Whether I'd get jealous of my own brother for getting Calum all to himself.

I closed the journal, setting it and my pen down on the dampish grass next to me. With a hearty sigh, I looked up at the sky, which was illuminated by small but bright specks of light, some forming constellations and others randomly placed.

Someone cleared their throat behind me, startling me to the extent that I almost fell over. "Oh, hi Calum."

He sat down next to me, leaning against the same apple tree as me. It was a big one that was here long before we bought the house, and I found comfort in sitting underneath its large, spanning branches and in summer, the green foliage.

"What are you doing out here?" he asked, picking up my journal. I quickly snatched it away, not wanting him to see what I'd written, and moved it to the other side of me.

"Nothing. Just came to get some fresh air."

He nodded. "You know, I don't actually think you're a pervert."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Then why did you call me one?"

"Because, your expression was priceless – and it's my nature to be mean to you."

"I wish you wouldn't."

"Do you really though?"

He was right. I kinda liked him pushing me about sometimes, though when it hurt I hated it. When he pushed me on the concrete, when his friends stepped on me, that's when I didn't. "I don't like it when you hurt me."

Our eyes met, and I noticed that he was wearing my shirt. It looked so tight on him that I had to supress my smile. "I... I'm sorry. For all the times I hurt you."

"Wounds don't heal with words. They also don't come solely from physical pain, you know that, right?"

"I know I can't heal them. But I can do something else..."

He leant in and for a minute I was lost. I was so ready for him to kiss me, then slapped myself mentally for letting myself succumb to his tricks again. "Stop this. You literally just had sex with my brother and now you're trying to kiss me? I'm done with your shit, please never include me in your games anymore because I'm so sick of it."

"I didn't have-"

I stood up furiously, taking a deep breath. "Do you know how much pain you caused me? When we started secondary school, you started mixing with the bad guys, and you hurt me beyond words. You bullied me till I was worried for my life every second of the day, you made me think I was worthless and an idiot, some abnormal kid who didn't belong. And you didn't stop there – right now, you're dating my brother and leading me on at the same time, and I can't do it anymore!" I shrieked, pushing him against the tree. "I can't..." came out as a croak, and tears began to roll in twos down my tense cheeks.

He took my arm, and pulled it close to him, interlocking out fingers. "I'm so sorry, Luke. I didn't know... that it was this bad." With his other hand, he wiped my tears softly, pressing his thumb on my cheek with locked eye contact. Then, his hands moved down to my waist, hugging me tightly.

I couldn't hold it back anymore. I needed him, however wrong it was.

I kissed him.

***

asdfghjkl;

moving the story alonggg

Vote+comment for virtual 5sos forks

Kimmy xx