Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Luke 💕

I sat on the front porch with a cigarette in my mouth, taking a long drag of its addictive smoke and slowly exhaling, watching the beautiful wisps float in to the night sky.

After that, I felt pretty happy for once and couldn't stop smiling to myself, something I hadn't done in a long, long time. Sure, I smiled when I looked at the posters of bands on my wall, but the smile was usually killed by the fact that I couldn't ever go to one of their concerts because I was so claustrophobic.

My phone began ringing, and Michael's caller ID came up. Strange, why was he calling me? "Hello?" I spoke into the receiver – but what I heard wasn't Michael's usual cheery voice.

He was grunting, screaming, yelling for his life, and I had no idea what to do.

"Michael, where are you?! Michael, answer me!!" I hollered whilst running, listening carefully to what was happening on the other side of the line.

"Ashton, you can't deny being gay forever – uhh shit!!"

"You fag, don't you ever try kissing me again! I will personally cut off your excuse for a dick and shove it in your mouth, you prick!" a voice I recognised to be Ashton shouted back. Okay, so they were together, and Ashton was beating him up – now what?

"Luke, where are you going?"

My head snapped around and I glared at the figure standing behind me. Calum was stood there smiling but when he saw my scowl his expression changed.

"What's wrong...?"

"You stupid fucking friend Ashton is beating up Michael. I should've known. You're all like this – you hate on the outcasts, call them fags and hurt them for no reason!" I shrieked. He gave me a pained look and looked down, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry. Do you know where they are?"

"No."

"I think I might."

I followed him down the dark streets and slowly the sound of shouting and screaming became more audible. "Michael!" I yelled when I saw him lying on the concrete in the alleyway, writhing in pain whilst Ashton hovered over him. "Michael, talk to me, are you okay?"

Panicking, I rushed over and shoved Ashton out of the way. Calum dragged him a bit further away and talked to him whilst I wiped the blood from Michael's nose.

"Luke... how did you find me?"

"Calum had a feeling you guys would be here. How are you feeling? Does it hurt inside?"

He shook his head stiffly. "It hurts but I don't think he meant to do that much damage. I'll probably have a few bruises on my legs and arms – we've both experienced worse." I helped him lean against the wall and got the pack of tissues out from my jacket pocket. He took one and dabbed his forehead.

"You should come back to mine-"

"My house is closer," Calum interjected, surprising me. I looked up with a confused expression. "I mean it. I live round the corner."

I shrugged. "If it's closer, then fine. I just need to treat his wounds and then we'll be on our way," I replied, not looking him in the eye. Why was he offering favours? Didn't he hate my guts? "C'mon Mikey, can you stand?"

Through all of this, Ashton stood by the road, head in his hands, looking disappointed and angry at himself. Calum had obviously said something to him, but I hadn't heard so pushed it out of my mind. When we walked past, I glared at his face, before brushing past.

***

Vote+comment for virtual 5sos posters

Kimmy xx