Chapter 24

Thank you all for 1K reads!!! I can't thank you enough <3

Chapter 24

Calum ♥

"Lucas... will you be my boyfriend?"

His head snapped around, searching for something in my eyes. Perhaps he was looking for a giveaway that this was a joke, or some kind of hoax; but I was being serious. "What?"

I took his hands in mine, breaking into a smile. "I'm not repeating myself, moron. Yes or no?"

His expression lit up and he jumped into my arms, pushing me down onto the cold wooden floor. "Of course! I was waiting for the day you'd finally ask me..."

It had been a week since winter break had begun and we spent every day at each other's houses, mainly listening to music or watching films. Occasionally we'd meet up with Michael and Ashton for a game of Fifa or something. "Why, couldn't you have done it?"

He smirked. "Do you think I'd have the audacity to ask you?"

"Fair enough. Hey, wanna go get KFC?"

"Let's do it."

We ran down the stairs at record speed, picking up our coats and slipping on our shoes before rushing out into the cold towards the nearest KFC where funnily enough, Ashton worked. We'd chosen the right day too, because as soon as we entered I saw him at the till, serving a family of three.

I waved and he rolled his eyes, since he hated seeing friends when he was at work. Apparently his parents had stopped giving him pocket money after they found out about him and Michael, but said he could get a job instead. It was stupid in my opinion but hey, everyone's different.

"And what can I get you lovely boys?" he asked through gritted teeth.

"Hey, we're going out now!" I exclaimed and watched his expression change. He jumped on the spot and let out a happy sigh, saying it was gonna happen sooner or later.

Supressing laughs, we ordered and brought our food upstairs to an empty table. "This is definitely the best way to ask someone out," Luke remarked, mouth full of chicken. I smiled, mostly at the fact that he was eating a lot more these days. Just yesterday he'd come up to me saying he'd gained two kilograms already.

"Wanna watch a film later?" I asked.

"Yeah! Which one?"

I looked up, racking my brain for film ideas. I mean, there was always the horror option... "Horror?"

"No!" he replied quickly, putting down the chicken leg in protest. "No horror films. Only nice ones."

"Okay... I don't suppose you want to watch action?"

He pouted. "You're bad at suggesting films."

"Well, what do you suggest?"

"Mean girls."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes, or I'm breaking up with you."

"But-"

"Then that settles it!" he smiled, clapping his hands. I gave in, grinning at his cuteness. I was so happy to finally be able to call him mine; it hadn't been easy, but all I could do now was look forward to the future we had together. It scared me sometimes to think that high school would end, and college would happen, but I expected that we would stick together until the end.

I wanted to be there for him till we could no longer walk, I loved him that much. Sure, high school romances aren't notorious for working out, but inside there was something telling me that we'd last a lot longer than most. I just hoped that he felt the same way. From how he'd reacted to being my boyfriend, I assumed that that was the case.

I thought, everything would perfect.

I imagined our future to be ideal, full of happiness and no more jealousy.

Oh, how wrong I was.

***

Hehehehe this is where it begins! ROUND 2 of jealousy!

I mean, I could leave here but I wanna keep writing and you guys kinda asked for more chapters so...

My question for you all this time is... What's your favourite album? Mine has to be Night Visions; I haven't come across anything quite like it!

Dedication goes to cakeseve for quite literally bombarding me with votes and comments! Thank you veery much, hope you're enjoying this :D

Also a reminder, you guys can go follow me on Twitter: @kimbarleydl and I'll follow you back :) I don't tweet a lot but if you wanna stay updated... ;D

Vote+comment for dedication/virtual 5sos pencil sharpener

Kimmy xx