Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Luke 💕

"Hey Luke, I almost forgot; I've got a tournament this Saturday, you coming?" Calum asked, handing me a flyer. I glanced at it and smiled.

"Of course, I always go to your tournaments."

"Awesome," he replied, giving me a quick kiss. "This is my last season so I want you to be there."

"Even if it means I get my leg bitten off by a rabid dog, I'll be there."

We cuddled in bed till we fell asleep, the sound of cars outside becoming our background music as we drifted off.

~

Saturday came sooner than I expected, and I woke up feeling energised and with a purpose for once. Usually, Saturday mornings were lazy and I'd stay in till mum dragged me out at noon – but seriously, who would pass up getting out of bed for catching up on TV shows?

"Luke, you're up already?" mum asked, as she sat at the breakfast table reading the newspaper. Dad was reading over her shoulder whilst making pancakes and I smiled, sitting down opposite them.

"Yeah, Calum has a match today. I think kick-off is at ten, so I need to go soon."

Suddenly, Felicity appeared behind me, yawning and sitting down. "Morning Luke," she said quietly. I said it back without looking and waited for dad to finish with the pancakes.

"You're up early too!" mum remarked, pouring a glass of water for Felicity. She was wearing short pyjama shorts and a vest, her hair in a messy bun.

"Well, I heard Luke was up so I decided to come down too."

Internally I rolled my eyes. I didn't need to hear her say that.

"Oh Luke, could you possibly take me shopping today?" she asked abruptly. Had she not just heard that I needed to be at Calum's match?

"Sorry, I'm-"

"Sure he can!" mum interjected. I shot her a look but she didn't return one. "Right Luke? You can take her, can't you?"

"I'm going to Calum's match," I replied through gritted teeth. She chuckled.

"You go to his matches all the time, missing one shouldn't be a big deal. Come on, I'll take you guys into town."

"This is an important match-"

Felicity pouted. "You don't have to come... it's fine. I can totally go alone."

"No, we can't have that!" mum replied. "Luke, go with her."

I figured that if I just went with her, I could ditch her in the middle and go to Calum's match; that sounded like a good enough plan, so I agreed with much reluctance and dug into my pancakes, grimacing.

~

"What do you mean, you're leaving?" Felicity exclaimed, grabbing my arm as we walked past the shops. Her other arm was already laden with shopping bags full of clothes and shoes and all sorts of different accessories. Mum had given her three hundred dollars for some strange reason and she'd gone and spent it all.

"I need to be at his match."

"Oh for God's sake, it's probably already over!"

No. If I left then, I'd still be there for the second half – but obviously, she was prohibiting me from even going one metre away from her.

I ended up having to stay with her till noon. I refused to eat with her, so she finally let us go to the stadium but I was pretty sure it was too late.

Yep – the team were already coming out.

"L-Luke?" Calum's voice whispered, as he left his teammates to come over to us. "Why are you only coming now...?" Then his eyes rested upon Felicity and he shut them. "Right. Okay. I get it."

"No, Calum it's not what you think-"

"Just so you know," he began, taking my hands and putting a medal in them, "we won. Not that I needed your luck anyway."

***

:S

So.... this is awkward

I feel bad if I say anything so I'm gonna change the subject

NEW CAKE FICS - check out my author's note at the end of [Asexual] and vote for your top 3 choices! Won't take 1 minute, I promise :) I'll start uploading on the weekend I think, still need to establish what's going on and sort things out :))

Vote+comment for virtual 5sos jeans

Kimmy xx