Chapter 25

New character ;))

Chapter 25

Luke 💕

Calum and I had been going out for a year now. Summer passed, and it was winter again in Sydney. We were halfway through our final year of high school, then we'd be off to our local college to study more.

I didn't want to go. I wanted to be in a band and do music for the rest of my life, but mum wouldn't let me. Calum on the other hand, wanted to go to college because he didn't know what else he could do. It was a valid reason, I suppose.

Our relationship was amazing. I loved his lips so much, and we had an amazing sex life, which mainly consisted of me giving blow jobs and him topping. I couldn't ask for anything more, it was that perfect. I'd come out of my shell an awful lot over the past year and was now more confident in initiating things.

"Luke, you home?" mum called, peeking her head around the door frame of the kitchen.

"Yep," I hollered back, taking off my shoes and about to head up.

"Remember, we have Jill and Bruce's family over for dinner tonight, can you change into something respectable please?"

I shouted a 'yes' back and went up, closing the door behind me. Since I started eating properly again, mum and I had grown closer. When Jack left for college it was just me, her and dad and that was kinda nice at times. I was no longer the sad kid who moped about like a ghost in the house. No, now I was their son.

Opening the wardrobe doors, I picked out a grey sleeved raglan and slid that on, leaving my jeans on. Then I hopped onto my bed and texted Calum quickly before getting my homework out. He had football that night so wasn't able to come over.

~

"Luke, this is Felicity! Do you remember her?" mum introduced, way too enthusiastic for her own good. I shook my head tentatively, looking at the tallish brunette who was wearing a thin coat of foundation and some pink lipstick. She had a large red suitcase in her right hand, which was covered in little friendship bracelets. "Well, she'll be staying with us for two months whilst her parents are away in America."

Inside, I groaned. Surely, she was old enough to stay in her own house? "Oh, cool. Hi."

"She's fifteen, Jill and Bruce would never let her stay home alone, and she goes to your school so you can walk together," she explained. "Luke's eighteen by the way. Why don't you guys go upstairs and get to know each other? Dinner will be ready in twenty minutes."

I had a feeling mum was trying to set us up despite knowing that I was with Calum, but shrugged it off, leaving it since I was probably just overthinking. We went upstairs and she dropped off her suitcase in the spare room before coming into mine.

"Wow... this is different to how I remember," she commented, eyes panning the room full of posters, paintings and guitar chord diagrams. "You play the guitar?"

"Yeah," I replied, pointing at the acoustic and electric guitars I had in the corner. She gasped and ran over, stroking them.

"I've always wanted to learn the guitar!" she exclaimed. I smiled stiffly, feeling a bit awkward since I had little to no experience with girls. I didn't even talk to one unless I had to, not even at school.

"I guess... I could teach you a bit, if you're gonna be living here."

"You'd do that? OMG thank you!"

I cringed a bit at her excitement and sat down at my desk, swivelling around. This was gonna be a great two months.

***

OKAY so things are about to change (for better or for worse, who can tell...)

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, they're hilarious and they definitely make my day :D

My question for you guys today is... what's your favourite instrument? It can be a band instrument or just any... mine is the piano - I don't know a lot about the piano (I learnt it for a bit) but I love the sound it makes! My new cake fic is actually going to have Calum as a pianist - prepare yourselves :)

Dedication today goes to AdrianetteDiaz for commenting! Thank youuu, hope you're enjoying it so far!

And for anyone else who wants a dedication...

Vote+comment! You'll also get a virtual 5sos watch so hey, why not tap/click that star and make me smile? :))

That's all, see you guys tomorrow morning for more DBJ!

Kimmy xx