Chapter 13 {Edited}

He stood in the sunlight watching me with emotionless eyes, “The last time you saw me in the day light you were panicked, jittery even. What’s changed?” He asked breaking the silence.

I blinked few times clearing up my blurry vision then looked at him, it felt weird to see him bathed in sunlight. I couldn’t put Vampire and this image together in my brain. Despite the fact that I had seen him before, now it was just a shock because it wasn’t an illusion- he was really here.

“I was scared of you before” I murmured shrugging my shoulders.

He scowled, “What changed?” he asked again.

“Don’t know, you just stopped scaring me. Now you more or less just piss me off” I said shuffling my feet on the floor.

I watched as he moved across the room from the sunlight to sit next to me, I kept my eyes in front of me. He may not have a heartbeat, he may not be capable of love. But god damn he was hot as hell, and lust for a teenage girl was a very easy thing to give into.

That’s what scared me about him, he wanted to touch me, to be near me. He wasn’t repulsed by my eyes, he thought they were pretty. He had complimented them, I couldn’t remember the last time I had been complimented by somebody other than my Aunt, which was kind of sad in hindsight.

“You lust after me” He murmured with a laugh.

“Who wouldn’t, Even blind women would lust after you Sabe’ ” I said rolling my eyes.

He glanced at me and frowned, “Sabe?”

“Yeah, Saebriel is a mouthful to say. So I’m calling you Sabe from now on” I said nodding my head defiantly.

He smirked, “Fine, Then I will call you Rin” He said.

Nicknames, we had just awkwardly given each other nicknames… Well wasn’t this heart-warming for my singular party. We were bonding due to circumstances.

“You have this ability to make the most normal conversations awkward” I breathed out with a sigh.

He glanced at me scowling, “What?”

“You couldn’t have just started calling me Rin instead of declaring that’s what you were going to do?” I asked him.

Saebriel shook his head actually smiling at me, it crinkled at the edges of his eyes and he got these two little dimples at the corner of his mouth. I felt my heart stutter, Curse you raging hormones. Come on common sense where are you when I need you to step in and ruin the moment.

“But then the conversation would have stayed on lusting after me. And as much as I enjoy discussing how many different women apparently would chase after my corpse, I’d rather avoid it” His smile had faded by the end.

I stiffened, had I hurt his feelings by calling him a corpse? Was that even scientifically possible? Could the dead really have feelings? Didn’t his many years of roaming this earth leeching his way through time, sort of destroy anything that could be seen as emotions or feelings?

My god I sounded like one of those extremist groups that hated everything that couldn’t be classified as a living Human being. I hated those groups, yet I was running through every thought that they had shouted at rallies and protests.

My hands tightened next to me and I dropped my head forward, sure Saebriel had done things that deserved my raging fiery hatred and anger. But… he had also done things to help me, even if it was his fault I ended up in those stupid situations. I glanced at him from profile and had to close my eyes.