Prologue

"Thranduil—" Elellótë, Thranduil's beloved, starts but Thranduil shushes her as he pulls her through the dark, and eerily quiet, halls.

"Come on, dear. We must hurry!" Despite the enemies fort being empty, Thranduil is filled with fear. It's not like the Orcs to just leave their prisoners unguarded. Just three days ago when Thranduil, his wife, and several soldiers were on their way to visit a fellow ally to talk about the safety of Middle Earth, they were ambushed and Elellótë was taken prisoner by an evil heard of ferocious Orcs.

Now, after the three days, Thranduil has found his wife in an abandoned Orc fort. Their running footsteps echoed through the halls and more than once Elellótë, in her weakened state, tripped over her feet. Because of this Thranduil kept a steady but firm hand on her elbow and coaxed her to go on.

The pungent smell of Orcs filled these halls and things were strewn across the floors as if the Orcs had left in a hurry. And that is why Thranduil was afraid, Orcs are proud creatures, always looking for trouble and they almost never run away from a fight. They thirst for blood.

And yes, Elellótë was afraid, but not as much as Thranduil. All she wanted was Thranduil by her side, that was of course as long as it wouldn't put him in danger. She knew that no other could match his terrific fighting skills, but all the same, they were both in danger. And nothing could change what was about to happen.

"Thranduil..."Elellótë breathed, "Thranduil! Listen to me! I overheard the Orcs talking, there's—"

Thranduil stopped suddenly, making Elellótë stop, and his electric blue eyes searched her gray-blue ones framed by lush black eyelashes. He was so glad to have her back, three days was too long to be separated from each other. And at that moment her beauty and love consumed him.

He pulled her close with arms around her small waist and smashed his lips into her soft ones, her silver hair tickled his hands. He gripped her tight. They're bodies pressed up against each other, there bodies wanting more but not able to get it. Not even a single sheet a paper could fit in between them.

Thranduil loved her more than anything. She was his Star. He was naturally a cold person, he didn't show emotion or let it in. Ever since his father, Oropher, died he closed himself to all other things. But his wife changed that. She was his light in a dark world, brought happiness to him when no one else could. She even gave him more of herself to him, a son.

But Thranduil knew that if they wanted to see their son again they would have to leave. And soon.

Something rocked the building. An earthquake perhaps? Thranduil and Elellótë steadied themselves.

He pulled back and put a hand on the side of her face gently, "Come, My Love. We must go now."

She bit her lip, only making Thranduil want to kiss her more, and nodded. They began to run again and soon enough large dark red doors came into view.

Thranduil pushed one open and cold air ran through their hair and made the dirt in the hall float away.

But when the door opened they heard the screams of men, of Mirkwood soldiers.

Thranduil and his wife stood in the door, their view partially blocked by the fortress. Thranduil searched the land that he could see and caught one of the soldier's eyes.

The soldier's eyes only told him pure fear, "dragon!" The soldier screamed and ran around frantically.

Thranduil whipped his head around to look at his wife, making his hair swoosh in the air. They both looked at each other and both of them showed fear. They could not stay in the fort, the dragon may burn it down with its breath, and if they were still in the building they would not survive. And who would take care of their little leaf then?