Chapter 12

I sat on the edge of my bed with my head in my hands. I stared at the floor, my world just got turned upside down. Galadriel, one of the mightiest and fairest in all of Middle-earth, is my mother?! No no no no no... This isn't right, we aren't even the same species!

I had wanted to ask her many questions, but my brain couldn't process anything more than a word, and Galadriel and Celeborn had told me to go rest. They could obviously tell that I was in shock, my brain overloaded.

And I already have a mom, her name is Esgarbes. And I already have a father too. I cringed at the thought of them, I miss them dearly.... Do they know that I am, supposedly, the daughter of Celeborn and Galadriel? If so, why didn't they tell me? And if they don't know, how will they react when they find out? 

But there's always I chance that I'm not Galadriel's daughter, right? She could just be confused. But then again, she is one of the Eldar, why would she be confused. 

I shook my head, what has happened to my life? With just a few words, it has changed everything. First, it's King Thranduil, ordering me away to Lothlórien. Now, it's Lady Galadriel, telling me that I'm her daughter. What's next? Legolas telling me something unbelievable?! 

I felt someone sit on the bed next to me, making an impression on the mattress. I looked slightly to the left to see Legolas's legs and his hands playing with something small.

"I know you must be confused right now," He started.

My scoff cut him off, "Confused doesn't even begin to cover it."

"It's a lot to take in, I know," I, again, cut him off, looking at him in the face.

"how would you know? You haven't had some one tell you that they're your mother and father, when you haven't even met them before!"  I went back to holding my head in my hands, looking at the floor.  I felt slightly bad for yelling at Legolas, he's only trying to help... But I just want to be alone. All he's going to do is make me talk about things I don't want to talk about.

"Is there anything you would like to talk about?" He asks softly.

"No," I shake my head and I feel him begin to stand up.

"Actually... there is..." He sits back down as he waits for me to continue.

"What is this prophecy stuff about? How am I connected to it? I'm just a lowly human, nothing important," I grip my hair and grit my teeth. Just a stupid, lowly human.

"Don't you say that. Don't you ever say that. You are more important than you can ever know," He pauses, breathing for a second while I recover from the shock of the harshness in his voice.

"Forgive me," he shakes his head. I give him a moment.

"No, you're right. I shouldn't degrade myself like that... even though I do it all the time. I... I just..." I stop, not knowing where to go with my words.

"Anyway, about the prophecy?" I say, hoping to move off topic.

"Yes... about the prophecy...." He turns to look at me, forcing me to look at him, "the prophecy, also known as the Prophecy of Hope, is about a girl--or woman--that will save us all."

"Save us from what?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"I don't know, no one knows.... Some thought that the prophecy would be fulfilled when Melkor came to power... but it didn't," he looked down.

"Do you wish that it had been fulfilled then?" I ask.

He stays looking down, "If it meant that my grandfather, Oropher, would still be alive... then yes," he looked up at me, totally serious, "but I would still want you in my life."

I looked away, blushing. What is up with me blushing?!

"So... again, how is this connected to me?" I tentatively ask.

"Well... when I first met you, four things told me that you could be the One. My father also saw that. Your name means tree shadow, 'name of tree and shadow that she will be.' Your hair and eyes, 'hair of winter, eyes of green.' And the last one, 'daughter of elves she will be,' didn't fit at first but then you told me that your adoptive parents are elves, so I thought that would fit."

He took in a deep breath before continuing, "and then when you used that shock wave-force-thing, I knew it was you," He paused, "and then there's the fact that you are Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel's daughter and that you are mysteriously human when you should be elven," he added on almost in humor.

"Well... don't you think that it shouldn't be me? I'm not qualified to do this, I'm not strong enough," I sighed and looked down.

"If I really am the One the prophecy talks about, then that'll mean that I will have to go on other journey or quest, I'll have to fight, which I'll let you know I can't, and I'll have to face terrible things," I looked up at Legolas, tears forming in my eyes without my consent, "I don't want to face terrible things... I don't want to face anything. I wish none of this had happened to me."

Suddenly, the dam behind my eyes broke and I wrapped my arms around Legolas and sobbed. 

"I wish my life didn't change. I just want to be in my bed, back home in Mirkwood, writing in my journal, with my parents outside ordering me to do more work outside in the garden."

I felt Legolas wrap his arms around me and rest his head on mine, "I wish you didn't have to go through this either, but you do and that must mean that you were destined for this. Eru Iluvatar wouldn't have chosen you if he didn't think you weren't strong enough. And if you're not strong enough now, then you will be later. Just think about all the friends and wonderful things you will meet and see on your quest. Don't think about the bad, the bad will just weigh you down."

I sniffed, "but that's all I can think about."

Legolas unwrapped his arms from around me and pulled me back and grabbed my hand, putting something hard in it, and covered my hand with his. He looked into my eyes, "You know I have to leave tonight, so try and think about the good for me."

He wrapped my hand around the small object, "Every time you look at this, think about all the good and wonderful things that'll you'll encounter. Think about all the wonderful things you'll be doing for other people of all races," he smiled and leaned in close to me. 

"Just don't forget," he kissed my forehead and walked out of the room, leaving for Rivendell.

I looked down at the small object in my palm. It's a stone, or rather a jewel. It is made out of many colors of blue and had a hint of purple. I could easily see good in this beautiful jewel.

.........

"Tell me, where is Gandalf, for I much desire to speak with him"

                               -Celeborn

So, guys, sorry for the short chapter. So... um... now I gotta write the next part....

Novaer melloneamin!