CHAPTER 6 : MANIK ON HIS WAY TO MEET NANDINI

MANIK ON HIS WAY TO MEET NANDINI

I got ready and looked at the mirror for the last time and my dad's words helped me to put my best smile on my face. I quickly took the car keys and while going on the way I stopped to pick up flowers for her. I got a call from FAB 5 and they all wished me luck...

They knew how much I had waited for this day. I turned on the radio and then a song played which I really liked...It was Phir le aaya dil...I loved it...With every beat a smile settled on my face and I started to remember the time I had spent with her...

Phir le aaya dil majboor kya keeje
Raas na aaya rehna door kya keeje
Dil keh raha use maqammal kar bhi aao
Wo jo adhoori si baat baaki hai (3)

(I remembered how every night I thought about her, how my dad and friends teased me whenever we spoke about her...ha thi ek aadhori si yaad uski mere pas...)

Karte hain hum aaj qabool kya keeje
Ho gayi thi jo humse bhool kya keeje
Dil keh raha use mayassar kar bhi aao
Wo jo dabi si aas baaki hai
Wo jo dabi si aanch baaki hai (3)

(I remembered how I had yelled on her that night... how much I troubled her that night...) This feeling was so pure and blissful... I just said Thanks to God for fulfilling my wish to meet her again in this life... "THANK YOU NANDINI KE BAPPA"...

Kismat ko hai yeh manzoor kya keeje
Milte rahe hum baadastoor kya keeje
Kismat ko hai yeh manzoor kya keeje
Milte rahe hum baadastoor kya keeje

Dil keh raha hai use musalsal kar bhi aao
Wo jo ruki si raah baaki hai
Wo jo ruki si chaah baaki hai (3)

(Destiny wanted us to meet... Yes, my heart skipped a beat and sighed...when I heard the line woh jo ruki si chah baki hai...' I remembered how I had felt disheartened when I couldn't meet her the next time I was in London)

I don't what was it but that day all through the drive only romantic songs were being played, making me remember her more..

It was 2:50 p.m. and I reached the hotel and handed my keys for valet... Suddenly, I saw my friends there. I was stunned to see them there and I realised not again and they gave me an angry look. I was shocked by their look.

Mukti- My dearest Manik, What time you had to meet Nandini? What is wrong with you?

I got so scared and freaked out, so without looking at my watch said..."Guys, what? Damm don't tell me I am late and she has left again..."... Looking at me getting freaked out my friends got some mercy on me..

Dhruv- Bro, you are not late, we were just teasing you ...relax...breathe. It's 3:00 p.m. Chill.

I finally got calm and gave them my angry glare..

Aliya - AAWWW, look at him guys.. he looks cool, aur yeh iske cheeks...(she pulled my cheeks) see how red they are...God, Manik you are blushing like a newly wed bride...

Everyone started laughing at me and I too gave in with them...Knowing I would be nervous my friends had come to support me before I meet Nandini. They took me a private area they had reserved for me. And then Cabir spoke to me.

Cabir - Manik, relax... I know what you are feeling...and trust me hum sab yaha sirf tere liye aaye hai...Hum log lounge mein chill karenge when you would meet her.. OK.

I knew it. "Guys thanks, it means a lot... in fact I needed you guys..."...Well, how can Cabir and gang leave a single chance to tease me...In the last 2 months they used to tease me with a song... I knew it was coming...