CHAPTER 35 : REMINISCING MEMORIES...

NOTE-

1. I have taken liberty in using names of singers, songs and events. They are there coz the story demands to have some point of reference for FAB 5 and the music industry.

2. It's a  flashback in Manik's point of view... The flashback is more about the way they were together and how their relation got stronger with time... it's a journey of the few days before the next turning point of the story came.

3. The song Manik sang remembering Nandini is also present with the link... It's a  melodious song...

REMINISCING MEMORIES...

Viaan- Manik Mama now youl (your) turn...

I smiled at him and removed my coat and placed Nandini's scarf on the piano... And then Mukti took the coat from me and I sat on the chair. I rolled my sleeves and adjusted the wireless mike... " Sonuji I would like to apologise beforehand aapka song attempt karne jaa raha hun..."

Sonu Nigam - Go for it Manik...

I started to play the piano and then closed my eyes and Nandini's face flashed in front of me...

[SONG-

]

Manik-

Suna, Suna Mann Kaa Aangan, Dhunde Paayal Kee Woh Chann Chann

Sunee, Sunee Mann Kee Sargam, Dhunde Geet Tere Humdum

Mann Me Shyaam Ho Ya Sawera, Laaga Teree Hee Yaado Kaa Dera

Tune Bandhan Kyon Yeh Toda, Tune Kahe Ko Muh Moda

Kaho Naa Kaho Kaho Kaho Naa

[Manik opens his eyes again while singing and remembers their First Kiss... the way Nandini hugged him, her innocent and expressive eyes that had immense love for him... He smiles but still tears start to well up in his eyes, but he doesn't let them roll down... ]

Viaan and Samaira-

Phul Phul Bhawla Dole, Mann Mein Gunjee Telee Yaad

Baagh Mai Papiha Bole, Pihu Pihu Piyu Kaha

[Manik smiles when they both sing together...]

Manik, Viaan and Samaira-

Phul Phul Bhawra Dole, Mann Mein Gunjee Teree Yaad

Baagh Mai Papiha Bole, Pihu Pihu Piyu Kaha...

We finished the song and everyone was applauding. I put the scarf in my pocket and got up and took my coat from Mukti... I just said Thanks to all and excused myself... I was in the hotel lobby and then Cabir came...

Cabir- Manik... Are you ok???

"Cabir, I am fine... "...He didn't question me ahead and understood I didn't want to talk about anything... I sent a message to Ridzi that I was leaving for home and then dropped a message to FAB 5 that I would meet them tomorrow at the studio at 9:00 a.m. for discussing the last minute changes for our next big event MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDSwhich was in a week's time in London...

On the way to home I made a few phone calls, as I wanted to make sure everything was in place for the event. I was waiting for the signal to turn green and my eyes fell on a couple... They were on the zebra crossing and suddenly a guy on a bike almost went pass them breaking the signal. The man would have been seriously injured if the wife had not pulled him away on time... I stepped out immediately to ask if they were ok and they said thanks to me and left...