CHAPTER 4

6 Months later...

NANDINI's World

LONDON...

I was sitting in my company meeting, when suddenly my boss announced that I had to go to Mumbai for 3 months for the new project. This news was just what I wanted. Yes, I wanted to visit India as I had not been home for a year now and meet my parents... I was very happy and without a thought I agreed to go...

But, to my dismay I wasn't that happy too as my parents would be there only for 15 days as they were about to leave for U.S.A. as they had already planned it and all the arrangements were made and my visit had just got finalised. The only thing I could do is to ask them to take their flight from Mumbai and after all the co-ordination work, I finally was able to get their flights booked from Mumbai.

From the day I got to know I have to leave in a week for India I had started to pack my bags. I was very excited and couldn't wait to board the plane. And finally the day came for me to start my journey to INDIA...MUMBAI...I boarded the flight and sat on the window seat. After a couple of hours while sipping coffee I remembered the night I met THE MANIK MALHOTRA...

"Promise me whenever you are in India, specially Mumbai you will meet me..."

MANIK'S world

MUMBAI

In these 6 months life became better, I apologised my friends for everything and they did forgive me and were happy to see me back, the old MANIK back...I had not returned back to my house where my parents lived, but yes I did made sure I was visiting them every week. They were not angry, but I knew somewhere I had to work towards gaining their trust again and I would readily do it as I had promised someone. Yes, that someone was Nandini.

IN THESE 6 MONTHS- MUMBAI

After coming back from London, it took me a month to resume work. Natasha was brilliant at handling people and she made sure I had some time to gather myself and also my friends knew I needed time and gave that space to me. I got a call from my best friend Cabir and he told we had to start the shoot for the song for their soon to be released movie for which they had composed music before the London fiasco... The Producer wanted to shoot a song with the FAB 5 for Introduction of the movie.

Cabir- Tu aa raha hai na?? Bro, we need to catch up ok, high time now...See you tomorrow.

I just said yes, I was happy that I would meet my friends after a long time. Yes, the FAB 5.

I reached the sets on time for the morning shift... I was happy to return back to work and was looking forward to the shoot. Suddenly I saw everyone looking at me as if they had seen a ghost, their eyes popped out...My Producer fainted to see me on time. I couldn't make out what was happening. Then Cabir came from behind and he too was surprised...

Cabir- Is it you??? Bro are you fine?? I mean it's not 12:30 p.m. and you are here...On time...Bhai what's with you...

Cabir gave me a sarcastic smile and I just gave him a look - "GROW-UP-MAN"...

I asked spot dada to get me a coffee and also asked the production for my change and make-up...All this while Cabir just kept pulling my leg and I was irritated first and then I started laughing too...We saw our other friends coming in too. Mukti, Aliya and Dhruv... God it's been ages...They came and hugged me one by one. I was too elated to meet them...

Dhruv- Bro good to see you finally...Are you ok? Mukti, Aliya too wished me...Suddenly, they heard someone talking that their Producer Mr.Mehta had fainted on the sets... They got concerned and then Cabir came from behind.