CHAPTER 9: PLAYING CUPID!!

PLAYING CUPID!!

I was sitting just opposite to Nandini so that i could observe her expressions, but she hardly managed to have an eye contact with me.The lunch got over.

Nandini got up and said she needs to leave with Devika. This time i wasn't that irritated when Aryan too left with her...She was trying her best even now not to look at me which puzzled all my friends except Cabir...I was smiling on her being conscious in my presence even after I told her it's ok...

But I was loving it, so I have some effect on her, i said to myself and this got such an unusual joy to my heart and now butterflies in my stomach again were dancing... We all left for Mukti's place...I was sipping coffee and then Mukti screamed out of excitement when Cabir told all of them what happened in the car...

Mukti- really...Cabir you mean Nandini was nervous...ohhh isiliye she wasn't looking or speaking to Manik...Manik I think tonight you should seriously drop a hint to her at the club...

"Hhmmm. ..." I was smiling like a fool and tthinking of how to make my visit to 9 MILES look like a co-incidence...Then my phone beeped and i got distracted from thoughts... it was my Dad's call from Venice...

Dad-Hey hi son how are you? London se koi kya aagaya, tum toh apne mom dad ko hi bhul gaye hhmmm...

"Dad how are you? how is mom...kya dad...don't start your teasing...How is your holiday going?"

Mom-beta everything is good...you tell me tumne kaha tak progress ki? Did you tell Nandini that you...

My mom paused in between...and chuckled...

"Mom"...I thought to myself and was surprised how mom knew about it...Dad...I screamed in my mind...

Mom-ok , ok don't get conscious...so where are you?

Before I said something Aliya took the phone from me and put it on loud speaker...

Aliya -Hi aunty how are you? It's been so long...

Mom-Hi Aliya sweetheart...ohhh so FAB 5 is together...good...

Dad-So guys what's the update... (dad said in a teasing way and in excited)

Mukti-Uncle Manik has never so patient with any girl...par Nandini...he just freaks out in front of her... (everyone was pulling my leg and were having fun on my misery...)

I was trying my best to stop them, but knew it was of no use. They quickly told my parents in the most dramatic way all that had happended on the weekend and till today...

Dad- ohhh, toh its good na...Manik i think you should tell her soon...

"Dad, what's wrong with you...aisa kuch nai hai...she is a friend bas..."

Dhruv- ohhh really sirf friend...Toh tell me Manik we all know you since childhood, tu kabse inn family functions mein interest lene laga..hhmm... aaj kal 'sirf friend' ko milne ke liye Haldi ke function mein jata hai...Not Bad...

I was done with their teasing session and then fianlly my Mom made them stop. We spoke about their trip and they said they would come back soon with gifts for all of us...

After the call i was thinking how to reach 9 Miles...Then Aliya spoke...

Aliya- guys if we go to 9 Miles just like that Nandini will doubt us...

I knew i can't take that chance...Then our master planner spoke something...

Cabir- aarree why should we think of an excuse, hum aise hi chalenge...