CHAPTER 21: THE JOURNEY BEGINS: WISHES, RAIN AND SMILES...

THE JOURNEY BEGINS: WISHES, RAIN AND SMILES...

I stood there for 5 minutes, as I couldn't understand what she meant, I got out of my thoughts when Cabir called me...

Cabir- Manik, chali gayi voh...aab toh aaja...

I gave him a deadly glare and he smirked back at me. I sat in the car and we hit the road too after Nandini left. All through the way Devika kept blabbering about one thing or the other.  All I wanted to do is shout on her and tell her to be quiet, luckily after a while she had fallen asleep and others were busy talking.

My mind was again lost in the words Nandini said to me and I said to myself "What did she meant by it??? Her tone was so sensuous, she looked so hot... is she really missing me?" that thought got a smile on my face, but then other thought came to my mind "Manik, how dumb of you... why would she miss you..." This debate between the thoughts went on for sometime and I finally decided that I would ask her about it...

We got a call from Kafeel and we decided to take a break for sometime. We had already started our journey towards the hills. Nandini was also finding place to park her car and before that all the members in her car got out. It was a very famous motel on the way. Yes, yes I know we are FAB 5, but at the end we were on a road trip and no trip can be complete without the tea at such a place. I asked everyone to step out while I parked my car...

The weather was amazing and it had started to drizzle, just the way I liked.  I parked the car and my eyes fell on Nandini who had left to join others. I messaged Cabir that I would also have tea and I am going towards the place I liked sitting at. It was a spot a bit far from the motel so I sat there and my mind was engrossed with Nandini's thoughts...

NANDINI'S POINT OF VIEW-

Manik was looking very handsome today. I know he was getting irritated because of Devika, though I loved and enjoyed to see him flustered but  I knew he must be thinking about what I said to him.  Honestly, I wanted to tease him a bit more, but I don't why I went so close to him. While driving too my mind was full of his thoughts and I chuckled on the way he was showing his irritation and yet couldn't do much. I said to myself "Nandini Raichand you are too bad... Poor Manik... But, it's ok..."

We all stopped at the motel and must say the weather was just awesome; it had now started to drizzle and what better than Masala Tea.  Cabir ordered tea for all and he said he would go and give Manik his tea. I stopped Cabir "Cabir, I'll go... " Cabir smiled back and gave me the cup. I had no idea why I did that, maybe somewhere I knew Manik was too pissed off with me and I wanted to talk to him. I saw him sitting on the other side of the road at a small rock. I smiled and then managed to cross the road. I quietly went and sat next to him...

[Please play the track before reading ahead.....]

MANIK'S POINT OF VIEW-

I was thinking about Nandini when I felt someone came and sat next to me. I turned around and saw her. She smiled at me and passed the cup of tea...

"Thanks."

Nandini- It's ok...Vaise tum yaha kya kar rahe ho? I mean everyone is there aur tum... (She paused)

"Ya, actually I love the view from this place so..." I noticed she had tied her hair, which I didn't like and a frown came on my face seeing that and I guess Nandini did notice my frown.