CHAPTER 45 : HEARTBEATS...

HEARTBEATS...  

The time stopped for me when our eyes met and finally I could see my reflection in her beautiful eyes. I just kept starring in her eyes and a faint smile crept on my lips. I traced my fingers on her face and her breath hitched. Her lips were shivering and before I could trace her lips, she pushed me suddenly that left me hurt. It twitched and wrenched my heart when Nandini said; "I don't meet clients in my personal time". I kept starring at her leaving without even glancing at me once. I didn't know she would be so cold and indifferent to me; it just broke my heart into pieces. We sat outside the hotel and I asked my friends to leave me alone for sometime.

However, FAB 5 had a rule if you are in pain they won't leave your side. They came and hugged me. A lone tear meandered on my cheek and I said, "I am now just a client for her, don't I mean anything to her now??? Just because we were not together for a few months she went away so far from me. I am just...just a client..." The pain inside was brewing and I lost my temper. I got up and kicked the bench next to the one we were sitting on, as if that could bring some satisfaction to my heart. Alas!! It didn't and it could never coz my life and peace was Nandini.

In the next 2 days I tried calling her to apologize, but she never received my calls. I messaged her and even sent her favorite flowers, but she didn't acknowledge them. It was just building frustration inside me, as I was not able to get through the walls she had built around her. The only thing that kept her occupied was the work in office and there she royally ignored me as if I didn't exist for her. I wanted to look into her eyes and speak to her, even if it was about work. She did answer me but never spared to glance at me. She really knew how to test my patience.

It was Saturday afternoon when we wrapped up our work and Dad called me to reach home soon. He sounded quite serious and that left me a bit worried. I left for home and thought of meeting Nandini later. All through the drive I just kept thinking why Dad had asked me to reach home urgently. I called up Ridhima to know if she had any idea and she too gave me the same answer. This only escalated my tension and I paced up to reach to home quickly.

MALHOTRA MANSION

I parked my car and rushed inside and found everyone sitting in living room. They all looked serious and Sid jiju made me sit on the couch. He patted my back and assured me with his eyes to calm down. I really didn't understand what the matter was as no one was speaking to me. So I asked them "Dad what happened??? You sounded so serious on the phone, is everything ok???" Dad sighed and removed his reading glasses holding it in one hand. He looked at me and said..."Manik, we all want you to settle down in life, it's high time son. We want you to marry and move on in your life." My eyes met Dad's when he said 'move on' and was a bit confused what he meant by it.

Dad- Manik look we know you love Nandini, but till when are you going to keep waiting for her. We want you to move on in life coz maybe Nandini doesn't feel the same way for you. Your mother and I feel high time you marry someone and settle down.

I was startled by my Dad's words coz he knew I loved Nandini with every cell of my body and he thinks Nandini doesn't love me anymore. I replied back, "Dad, what's wrong with you, how could you think like that??? You know I love Nandini and will never be able to love anyone else..." I got up and sat on my knees in front of my Dad. I held his hands and said, "Dad, I know you must be hurt with the way things are between Nandini and me...But that doesn't mean she doesn't love me... Dad she is angry with me and I gave her every reason to be angry on me. I can't think of anyone else ever... No Dad, I can't do this, never ever. I will only marry Nandini. Please Dad, you we have waited for so long, just a few days more please Dad..."