CHAPTER 30- BAPPA: ALL THE BEST MANIK..

Nandini's words were like lightening, even though she had left, I stood their numb. I kept staring at the steps where she was standing a few minutes back. Cabir placed his hand on my shoulder and then made me sit on the couch. I was completely under shock and uttered the words, "She resigned from her job... for me..." Finally it struck me how immaturely I had behaved and what muddle I was in now. Yet, even now I was being no different and I looked at Cabir and babbled, "How... how can she resign... I mean just for me, she abandoned her job... It's... it's not correct Cabir..." I looked at him with wide eyes and he began to reply in a sarcastic tone.

Cabir- Wow Manik, you are  absolutely amazing, I mean you were upset and angry before with the thought that why is Nandini leaving me and she doesn't care about me...And now, when she has resigned, you suddenly feel its not apt.... you have really hurt her this time...

I kept my hands on my head and didn't speak a word back; I knew I had to be at the receiving end of such harsh words. I had hurt the girl I loved so much and my impulsive behaviour just ruined everything for the second time. Her tears were hurting me; her words were resonating in my head and the pain on her face was now piercing my heart. I got my phone and tried calling her numerous times only to be left disappointed.

NANDINI'S POINT OF VIEW-

I left from Manik's van in tears, his words and actions had hurt me deeply. I somehow managed to reach home, but my feet weren't moving, as inside I had to act normal as if nothing had happened. I was finding it difficult to fight my tears, but I greeted my parents by putting a fake smile and left for my room immediately. I closed the door and my tears made their way with full force.

MANIK'S POINT OF VIEW-

I was pacing in my vanity and was thinking how I could apologize for the grave mistake I had committed. I stopped and pleaded Mukti to call her... "Mukti, please call her, she is not taking my calls... I really wanna speak to her please..."

Mukti - ohhh so you are feeling bad about it...

"Guys please, I really wanna speak to her... I know I have hurt her a lot... I know I am a fool, an idiot... " Tears started to well up in my eyes when her words again played in my ears -

"... And on the first step itself you didn't have faith in me.."

My eyes then fell on the two untouched lunch plates and I was gazing at them...

"Manik, I had come to tell you this and had prepared the lunch for you  "

I remembered her serene smile when she was arranging the plates for us. I was now cursing myself for behaving like a jerk. Tears rolled on my cheeks but, a smile crept on my lips as I realized the depth of her feelings for me. I tried calling her zillion times but she did not respond and with that my heart was now sinking. Dhruv and Cabir came to my side...

"Guys... I can't... I can't live without her..."

Dhruv- Manik..... Manik...calm down...

Aliya- Manik, please don't cry... everything will be fine... Nandini is hurt, but she won't leave you... Just calm down...

Mukti- dammm... Nandini and Navya both are not picking my calls.... What are you going to do now Manik?

I got up and hugged Mukti and then everyone hugged me.  After sometime I wiped my tears and went to my dressing area to change my clothes, but now a fear inside me began to grow and that was fear of losing her... "I am going to her house."

Cabir- Manik we'll come with you...

"No Cabir, I have to do this on my own... But try calling her... let me know if you get in touch with her...Bye..." I ran towards my car and started to drive towards her home. It had grown dark and I parked my car near her house and stepped out... I messaged her...