CHAPTER 37: MUSIC LAUNCH DAY...

MUSIC LAUNCH DAY...

(FLASHBACK CONTINUED...)

I sat on the chair and she was serving dinner for both... She was about to sit when I pulled her and she fell in my lap... I wrapped my hands around her waist and she looked at me with wide eyes and tried to get out of my hold... The more she tried to get up, the more my grip got tight...

Nandini- (softly) Manik kya kar rahe ho... Chodo mujhe... (He bobbed his head in a 'no' like a baby)... kya chahiye bolo...

I smiled on that and then spoke to her... "You feed me today..." She sighed and then started to make me eat dinner and in between she also ate... I kissed her cheeks after every bite I had and she blushed... I just loved her when she blushed and felt shy...

We finished dinner and today I was in no mood to go home... Yes, she used to send me home every night after dinner and some talks... But, today I just wanted to be with her...

"Nandini I am not going home today... I wanna be with you tonight..." And our yes/no' game started and finally I convinced her to let me stay...

She was packing her suitcase and with that my heart was sinking... I didn't realize when tears made their way on my cheek... She saw me and ran towards me... She came and hugged me tightly and comforted me... I snuggled in her arms and cried...she kept kissing my forehead... I didn't leave her even for a second...

She then made me sleep next to her... She nestled me closely to herself and placed a duvet on our legs... She soothed my pain and kissed my forehead and cheeks... She tried to divert my attention by talking about what she would wear for the launch and that she was going shopping the next day... but nothing worked...

Nandini- Manik look at me... Please.. I am there with you forever...

I looked into her eyes and then she got close to my lips and kissed me on the corner of my lips... I gave her weak smile and then she made me sleep... I slept peacefully cuddling with her...

Our next day 2 days just went like that...

Nandini had taken a half-day off on the day of event... We had all our preparations done... I called up Nandini to check on her...

"Nandini how much time more will you take to leave office??? Its already 2:00 p.m... You need to reach the venue at 6:30 p.m... mom, dad, Rdizi and Jij's will be here around 6:00 p.m... aur tumhe ready hone bhi jana hai abhi... "

Nandini- ha Manik... bas 5 minutes promise... acha did you send the car for me??

I spoke to her... "Nandini, Mohan peechle 1 ghante se tumahra wait kar raha hai in the parking... Please, no 5 minutes... abhi niklo... And don't hang up... I am waiting..."

Nandini- ok...ok... Angry young man... let me speak to Priya... just a sec...

[Nandini enquires Priya about a document and she gets tensed... She asks Priya to keep her updated about everything... Manik senses her being stressed again...]

I sensed she was saying something to Priya and I could feel she was stressed... "Nandini is everything ok???"

Nandini- ha Manik... nothing major... one sec... I am getting my bag...

Nandini to Priya- Priya hand me over all the files and clean my desk... [Manik wondered why she was doing that... Maybe she wanted to work from home...]... Thanks Priya... Keep me updated ok... Bye...