CHAPTER 33 : OLD STRINGS TOUCHED...

OLD STRINGS TOUCHED...

ON THE FLIGHT-

Nandini had rested her head on my shoulder and it felt my strength was with me. But, still there was someone I was missing and that was my sister Ridhima. I was slightly caressing Nandini's knuckles and she lifted her face and made me look into her eyes... I knew she could feel the pain inside and I spoke to her... "Nandini, I miss Ridzi... it's been a year now we have spoken to each other... I just miss her..." Tears had welled up in my eyes...

Nandini- Manik, I know you miss your sister... I won't say everything will be fine soon... But, I know one thing that you will set everything right... You will get your sister back...

I held her hand and let my heart out in front of her... "I tried everything Nandini, but she doesn't speak to me... She was my best buddy, my support and my guide... (Angry on himself) And, I doubted her all because of that one person...

Nandini- Manik... Jo beet gaya usse hum nahi sudhar sakte... But, I have faith in you and I know tum Ridhima Dii ko mana loge...

I never knew how she always managed to give me so much strength and made me believe I could set everything right... I smiled and nodded in a YES and she rested her head on my shoulder again... I was feeling lucky to have her by my side and I showed her pictures of Ridzi, Jij's, Viaan and Samaira.

MUMBAI

On the airport we all had decided to have dinner together and got our reservations done in Hotel TAJ... I left with Nandini to drop her. We reached her apartment and I was about to get her bag out from the car and was a bit sad as I had to then head towards my flat... I heard Nandini's giggle and I gave her a stern look... "WHAT..."

Nandini- nothing... What did I do... vaise... (She came close to me)... If you want you can come with me upstairs and rest for sometime.

I got a bit pissed off with her non-stop giggling, as she knew I was getting annoyed, but then how could I miss the chance to be with her...

"Well, I have to come back to pick you up... (Stammered) Voh... voh... Trees...Environment... we should think about the environment also... You are a science student toh... You know na pollution is increasing these days and... and voh... Fuel... We should save fuel...toh..." I was feeling proud of myself to give her such a logical reason to stay back...

Nandini - Ya... Ya... Ho gaya Mr. Environmentalist... aapke uuchh vichar sun liye mene... (Pointed towards the bags and ordered Manik) Now get the bags and come fast...

She left from there and I was completely startled on the way she asked me to get the bags... I sighed and began to get the bags out and followed her... Just imagine I did all this... We both entered her flat and I muttered to myself...

"AUR KAR PYAR MANIK, DEKH KYA HO GAYA HAI TERA... MUSICIAN SE COOLIE BAN GAYA HAI TU..." Nandini turned and raised her eyebrows...

Nandini- kuch kaha tumne???

I quickly bobbed my head in a NO and she left towards her bedroom... "Thank God usne nahi suna..." I sat on the couch and had just closed my eyes when Nandini yelled my name and then came out...

Nandini- Manik... I need to visit the Departmental store... get up...

I was surprised hearing her; she really wanted me to do that... I was a bit irritated as I was sleepy... "Nandini, what do you want??? I'll ask Ramesh to get everything..." She frowned and pouted her lips in annoyance and while dialling Ramesh's number I told her... "Nandini how many times have I told you, don't give me such looks... I can't control myself..." She immediately changed her expressions and I smirked.. she handed me a list of things she needed and gave me a stern look before leaving...