CHAPTER 42 : DARKEST HOUR IS JUST BEFORE THE DAWN...

DARKEST HOUR IS JUST BEFORE THE DAWN...  

NANDINI'S POINT OF VIEW-

Aarav's Home, Delhi

The sun was shining brightly and was peeping through the curtains to disturb my sleep. I stirred a bit and then opened my eyes. I looked around for a few minutes and could register that it wasn't my room. I struggled to get up and in that attempt the glass on bedside went crashing to the floor.

In a couple of minutes the door opened and I was astonished to find Sanjana walking towards me with a worried expression. She asked me if I was fine and I just nodded my head slightly, as my mind was completely in a jargogled state... She smiled and handed me clothes to freshen up...

While taking shower I was trying to register the happenings of last night and I don't know why I felt so restless. Random flashes came to my mind and I was startled... "Manik... that can't happen..." I shrugged that thought and decided to ask Aarav and Sanjana how I had landed up in their place.

I stepped out and made my way to the dinning area where I was greeted by a warm smile of Sanjana and Aarav too took his eyes off the newspaper and smiled at me. Little Nandu was in Sanjana's lap and was flapping her hands asking me to hold her and fluttered her innocent eyes. I went and took her in my arms and kissed her forehead. I don't know how Little Nandu and me shared such a deep connection.

Sanjana disturbed my chain of thoughts when she handed me coffee and she took Nandu from my lap so that she doesn't hit the coffee mug. We just exchanged a few pleasantries and I had a medicine . My eyes fell on the newspaper as it had FAB 5's picture on the front page holding the Award they had received. A faint smile spread across my lips and Aarav noticed it. I rolled by eyes when he started to read the news loud.

Aarav- History has been created by FAB 5 with winning the MTV VM Awards... Manik Malhotra has won the Best Singer Award this year for his outstanding singing and he deserved every bit of it... Hey Sanjana I think we should call Manik and congratulate them...

I pursed my lips when he purposely took Manik's name a bit loudly. I looked around when he mentioned about calling him and unknowingly my heart started to beat faster, the palpitation started to increase with every second when Aarav dialed a number on his phone. I just got up and stood at a distance while he started the conversation.

MANIK'S POINT OF VIEW-

LONDON

I was eagerly waiting for Aarav's call so that I could know if Nandini was fine. On the first ring itself I picked up the call. Aarav and Sanjana congratulated FAB 5 and me. I replied back with a weak smile and then Aarav mentioned in a suppressed voice that Nandini was fine. I breathed and my nerves relaxed a bit knowing she was fine. I was dying to hear her voice again and Aarav understood my eagerness.

Aarav- Nandini why don't you also congratulate Manik??

I was getting anxious as to how would she react now coz last night I know she was drunk and if we communicated now, it would be our first sane conversation after 10 months.

NANDINI'S POINT OF VIEW-

I faintly remembered now that I had called Manik after I had left home and flashes from last night started to play in my mind. My nerves got tensed when Aarav asked me to speak to Manik and I was completely flabbergasted. Emotions engulfed me and I was completely taken back to the last day I had seen Manik. Anguish, rage and all the feelings started to make their way out in form of tears. I just made my way to the room without speaking a word.