CHAPTER 36: REMINISCING MEMORIES (Contd..)

REMINISCING MEMORIES (Contd..)

(FLASHBACK CONTINUED...)

She had changed and I went to pick my luggage only to find her opening my suitcase and getting my vest and tracks out... I was a bit confused as to what she was doing... Nandini smiled at me and then placed my clothes on the bed... Before I could say something she spoke...

Nandini- Acha go change... I'll go and make coffee...

I was a bit surprised that she wanted me to stay back coz that was so not NANDINI... I guess she observed the puzzled look on my face... She picked up my clothes and handed them to me... She came near me and tiptoed to match my height and whispered in my ear...

Nandini- Manik don't stare at me like that, nahi toh...nahi toh... maybe I won't be to control myself...

She smiled and was about to leave when I held her hand... I was a bit startled by her statement... "One sec... what did you say... You won't be able to control yourself...so that means you want to..." I raised my eyebrows and smirked...

She released her hand from mine and traced her finger from my forehead to my chin seductively, which were sending signal to my brain to just hold her and kiss her right away.

Nandini- I won't be able to control myself... (Her finger had reached his chin and Manik was losing himself under her touch... She paused and then said) from slapping you...

I immediately snapped out from the trance after she started to giggle and that got me more pissed off... "WHAT... You wanna SLAP ME... Nandini... you are impossible at times.." She was laughing over my reaction and left for the kitchen..

After I changed I remembered I had to discuss certain work related things with her... We chatted all night and had discussions on the strategic plan for next 5 years once we have our own Music label Company... and the international venture which if worked out could mark our 1st milestone in world music... I must confess she was really an intelligent girl... even if she was not a musician but she had a superb taste in music and she also shared some creative ideas for our next ventures...

In between our discussions we didn't forget to be close to each other and pecked each other's cheek time to time...I enjoyed laying my head in her lap and then while talking holding her hand... What could be more blissful when you know that the woman in your life understands you, your work and contributes in your growth... I was lucky to have her by my side, as she slowly became my support system professionally too...

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

I finally reached home and I got my laptop to check my emails regarding the confirmation of hotel bookings for our musicians and also I was waiting for a very important email... It was about the flat in which Nandini lived in London... the first place we were together. She was very attached to that flat and had mentioned me that she wanted to buy it... The email mentioned that the owner had finally agreed to sell the flat to me and that brought a smile on my face...

I then started to browse the photographs of the time we had spent together after her brother had left... We used to be busy all day but we had decided to spend our late evenings together and decided on discussing less of work and focus more on us...

(FLASHBACK STARTS...)

I was hell busy with the preparations for the launch with less than 3 days to go for the event and trust me I was losing my cool every now and then... Nandini had changed her work timing as per my schedule... she was working from 7:30 a.m. till about 2:00 p.m. at her client's office and would then come over to my office so that we could have lunch together and she used to stay in my cabin to finish her rest of the work...that ways we used to sneak out a few minutes here and there just to be with each other...

I knew how difficult it was for her to do this, but she never complained. Inspite of her hectic schedule she never forgot to feed me and FAB 5 time to time with coffee, juice or snacks as we were working round the clock...

That day we finished our lunch in my cabin and then we had a few minutes so I rested my head in her lap with my eyes closed and held her one hand... I was feeling guilty of exerting her so much...

"Nandini, you must be really exhausted because of me... You hardly get any sleep... I am really being very selfish... I am sorry..." She smiled and then kissed my forehead...

Nandini-Manik you are not selfish, I am equally greedy... I want to be around you, take care of you and be there with you... Infact I wish I could sneak more time for us... Pata nahi how will I manage in London... I can't hide Manik, in this small time I have got used to being around you... The way you care for me, scold me for my mistakes and then make it up for it ... I just... I just can't do without you...

With that tears rolled down her cheek and touched my face...I got up and took her in my embrace...

"Ssshhh... I am there Nandini with you forever...why do you cry so much hhhmmm... Nandini, I will come to London once I finish work here and then I will be there to take care of other affairs till you serve your notice period... So that we can come back together... Aab toh smile karke dikha do... please..." She smiled but again her face sulked and she started fiddling with my shirt buttons...

Nandini-Manik... I will miss my flat there... I just don't know what to do... mene kitni koshish ki mere flat ke owner ko manane ki that I want to buy the flat... Ek baar toh voh ready bhi ho gaya tha... And I immediately applied for loan, but at the last minute he changed his mind and said he wanted to negotiate prices again... And it never worked out... I will miss that flat a lot... It was my only solace in those 3 years... And it was the first place we were together and my life started to change...

I comforted her and in the meanwhile I promised myself to somehow workout and give her the happiness by buying that flat for her... If she could trust me so much and without complaint left her job for me and also trusted herself with me, I could atleast do this much for her.

That day in evening I saw her a bit stressed when I took a break from my work and I sat next to her... "Nandini why do you look stressed... Sab thik hai na... bolo... " She just kept her laptop aside and smiled at me...

Nandini- Manik mein thik hun, bas thoda work co-ordinate karne mein issue aa raha hai... that's all.

"Are sure koi aur baat nahi hai...????"... She smiled and nodded in a yes... I hugged her tightly and pecked her hair... "Nandini I will get free in 30 minutes and then let's go home... ok... but tum kissi baat ka stress mat lo please... I am there Nandini..." I kissed her forehead and she smiled...

I left to meet FAB 5 and then wrapped up work... My friends were understanding and knew how Nandini and me were struggling to get some time for us. Hence, they knew my dinner was with her...

We reached her flat, as she had to start her packing tonight... So, we decided to order dinner and I could do the important calls from there... She was busy in placing the cutlery for our dinner...

I was on a call when she came and hugged me from back and rested her head my back... I was a bit surprised coz she never hugged me like that... I smiled and then quickly finished my call... I removed her hands and then hugged her... I don't know why but she used to always fiddle with my shirt buttons and I just loved it...

Nandini- Manik chalo pehle dinner... I am very hungry...