CHAPTER 7: LUNCH!!

LUNCH!!

I left in the car for home and something deep inside me I felt good. I never thought after such a long time I would readily open to a bunch of few people I just met and more importantly I would say a guy that he looks good. I smiled on myself for it and also recalled how Manik hugged me tight and it made my heart beat.

I reached home and then headed to take a shower as I knew Aryan would kill me if i got late for the engagement. Aryan was about to come any moment so I got busy in my final touch-up and while putting my lip gloss I got a message from Manik.

"Hi Nandini it was great meeting you today, hope you weren't annoyed by weird questions Cabir asked you...Nandini I am really sorry if you felt bad, voh Cabir toh hai hi aisa, please don't mind...Well, you enjoy the function and I look forward to see you for lunch at 1:00 p.m. Let me know if you need anything...Take care."

Before I could reply him Aryan called up.

Aryan - Hey Nandini I am downstairs, come fast.

"Hi Aryan, ya I'll be there in 2 minutes."

I quickly locked the house and went down. On the way to the venue I realised I hadn't replied to Manik. "Hi Manik sorry for replying late, was getting ready. Please, do not apologise. I'll see you tomorrow for lunch J need to head before anyone kills me lol... take care."

After that I got down from the car and went to the engagement party. It wasn't a very large gathering only a few relatives and friends. We all had a great time and Aryan dropped me home.

It was 8:00 a.m. and I was sipping my green tea when I got a call from Manik.

Manik- Hi Nandini, sorry for calling you so early.

"Hey hii good morning, don't say sorry. Tell me kya hua?

Manik- Well voh I wanted to know what do you like to eat?

"Manik good you asked me, I am a vegetarian...If you don't mind can I get Indian food to eat please...anything Indian...hhmm Punjabi - dal makhni, rice..."

Manik- Well ok, good you told me. Cool done. So how was the engagement?

"It was good, infact not much of a gathering, but ya wedding is gonna be a big affair. My friend's father is a leading builder Dalmiya's, you must have heard of them?"

Manik- What?? (He was a bit surprised..) Do you mean you are going for Akshay Dalmiya's marriage on Friday? God seriously...

"Well, yes do you know him?"

Manik- Of course, me and Akshay are college buddies. In fact poora FAB 5 would be there...Great we surely will have fun...

"Ok, Akshay never spoke about you guys, strange. Actually me and Akshay studied Masters together in London, so that's how i know him." Akshay always spoke of a friend called Manik whom he considered his confidante, but never told me his friend Manik was "MANIK MALHOTRA". Actually Manik had missed his engagement because of some urgent work.

Manik- Well, cool. Chalo I'll get going with lunch preparations and the car would be there to pick you up at 11:45 a.m.

"Cool, see you soon."

MANIK'S POINT OF VIEW-

After meeting Nandini I was feeling so good that I can't express in words. After getting back home I kept posing in the mirror and remembered what she said me ''You really look good' God, how can someone be so innocent and then ruffled my hair.

I really wanted to be a good host for Nandini and so after having a word with her instructed my cooks to make a proper vegetarian Indian cuisine with Punjabi dishes. At 12:30p.m. FAB 5 entered my home and but I was eagerly waiting for Nandini to come. Well, she came at 1:20 p.m. and apologized for being late.