CHAPTER 15: PAST KNOCKS YET AGAIN!!

PAST KNOCKS YET AGAIN!!

NOTE-

Readers, please read the character sketch of Nandini Raichand before this chapter...

Thanks...

..................................................................................................................................................

Nandini then left to join the other girls who were waiting for her at the door...Aliya said something to Nandini and she started laughing, my eyes were fixed on her, I was mesmerized by what I saw. For the first time I had witnessed she laughed loud with all her heart...It was for first time I saw smile on her face without any effort and I looked at her eyes and this time there was no pain in them...

She had her hair tied up loosely and they opened completing the look...I took her picture for the first time and captured that moment, I know I should have asked her...With her every facial muscle smile, I could feel my every heart beat...She then took a few sips of water as she started to cough...The water touched her lips and I gazed at her lips, a few drops then fell on her delicate neck line...

In that frame she looked like the epitome of beauty, pureness, love, peace and serenity...Seeing her like that tears started to flow from my eyes, I had never seen her laugh and smile like that...Her eyes for the first time had brightness, they twinkled like stars...Tears rolled down my cheek as she was smiling and I then realised what it meant to see someone happy...I understood the reason of my existence, why I couldn't die that night... I understood the real definition of 'PURE LOVE' , serenity and solace...Even if life ended the next moment i wouldn't have complained...

As, it is said you need to find the reason of your existence and in that moment I found mine...

Even when she went away, my eyes were still on the door and I closed my eyes and said her name as a prayer..."NANDINI...NANDINI..."

NANDINI'S POINT OF VIEW-

We all sat in the car, I closed my eyes and remembered all that happened in the last 24 hours...I remembered how after the dare I had left the floor and was so uncomfortable, I had then recalled what Manik had said to me 'Nandini no one will judge you , trust me...' And after that I decided to accept the dare for him and his family...And, today after I performed I was normal and I didn't feel uncomfortable about it as I always did before...I wasn't disturbed after the performance like I used to get and I felt some peace inside...I realised I had laughed from heart a few moments back after 3 years...I said to myself "Shayad, aab bhi mujh mein kuch zinda hai...shayad aab bhi ek ummed hai..."

Mukti tapped on my shoulder to tell me we had reached the salon and then I got out of my thoughts. Aliya, had booked the entire salon for us and it had showers too so I headed towards having shower first... I changed myself to sleeveless t-shirt and tracks, the lady then came and started to dry my hair first and then I asked the lady to stop. I got my handbag and got my diary out and opened it...The lady began her work and I tried to go through every page of it, I could feel my life, the old Nandini in it...

I slowly read a few lines I had penned down when I was in school, then came across a few I had written during college...After such a long time I had got the courage to open and read it, but this time I didn't refrain to remember when I had written which poem and a smile came on my face...I asked for a cup of coffee and then I headed for a pedicure, with my coffee and the diary...Everyone looked at me with confusion as I was smiling on my own reading something, but they didn't question me...After 3 years I had read lines I had written during my engineering and it took a lot of courage, but I did...Through it I met the old Nandini...I closed my diary and kept it in my bag again...I got out of my thoughts when Devika shouted...