CHAPTER 20 : The Journey Is About To Start

We all left from Nandini's place and then FAB 5 decided to stay over at my flat. On the way everyone left no chance to irritate me with the fact that Devika was to be My 'Girlfriend'. We all retired to our rooms and started to pack our luggage. If my mind was irritated and pissed off with the dare I had got, then on the other side my heart was happy as it would be my first trip with Nandini.

I kept tossing on the bed and was trying to figure out which feeling was more dominant and obviously it was my heart which over-powered my mind...Nandini had decided to give a wake up call to everyone...The excitement that she would wake me up was so much that I wanted the clock to strike 5:30 a.m. in a blink of a second...I kissed Nandini's photograph that was in my bedside drawer...I hugged the frame and slept...

MORNING (5:45 a.m.)

My phone kept ringing and then I finally located it and took the call...it was the call I was waiting for, call from 'My Nandini'... I was still sleepy "Hi, Nandini..."

Nandini- Hi, Manik good morning...get up fast, we'll be late otherwise...

"Hhhmmm"

Nandini- Manik hhhmmm kya hota hai...come on lazy boy get up... I need to call Aryan also...jaldi karo Manik...

"Nandini it's not fair, talk to me na..." I was still in my slumber and spoke to her like a baby who wanted his demands to be fulfilled at any cost.

Nandini- Manik what's wrong with you, please get up na and wake up others too...now I am keeping the phone...bye...

"Hello, no please, mujhe baat karni hai tumse..." I was still in my babyish mode..."Hello Nandini, Hello..." I was now awake and sat on my bed...She didn't speak and I thought she kept the phone...

Nandini - yes Manik...looks like you are up...go get ready...bye...

"Fine..." I said halfheartedly ...I stretched my arms and then looked at her picture...I smiled and kissed her forehead in the pic..."Good Morning..." I got up and went to check on others and made sure everyone was up... we all got ready and I asked Ramesh to make coffee for everyone..." Ramesh, voh Nandini ne jo bola tha everything is ready na??"

Ramesh- Ji bhaiya, didi ne jo bola tha voh sab snacks pack kar diye hai sabke liye...Bas abhi car mein rakh deta hun...

Nandini was not living with me, but the people who worked with me used to love and respected her a lot. They would readily do everything she would request them to do...I was amazed to see such enthusiasm and affection Ramesh and Shanta Tai had for her...I smiled and thought "Jab iss ghar mein nai ho, still you manage everything...what if you lived with me..." the thought of living with Nandini forever always made me feel like I was in heaven...And, then our dearest Cabir came...

Cabir- Manik, so all set to meet your girlfriend...

"Girlfriend???" I was confused as I had still not confessed anything to Nandini...

Cabir- Kyun bhul gaya, your dare...your girlfriend DEVIKA (he stressed the word girlfriend)...at least drop her a good morning message... (Everyone joined Cabir for the teasing session)

Finally, reality hit me..."Dammm Cabir, I just don't know how I will tolerate that girl...Nandini is too much at times..." My beautiful morning thoughts had now wiped off with the name of Devika and thinking about the dare...She wasn't bad, but just a bit crazy and impulsive...I said to myself...

"God knows aaj kya kya hone wala hai mere saath...just hope meri izzat bachh jaye bas...". I wanted to skip the trip itself to escape the torture I would have to go through all day being DEVIKA'S BOYFRIEND'...and I knew Nandini would leave no stone unturned to make her punishment more torturous for me...