Look After You (1) (Norman)

- Imagine: After a brutal car accident leaving two best friends separated, not knowing what happened to each other. Y/N does anything and everything she can to make sure she gets to him.

"We should do it. We should totally do it!" Norman said getting more and more excited by the minute. He said as he slammed his hands on the steering wheel, causing me to start laughing. He looked over to see my bubbly attitude light up due to his ridiculous imagination. "So, what do you think? Should we?" He said, holding out for a yes. My laughter soon died down and my ever glowing smile turned into a slight smirk.

"I mean, it would be fun and all but, come on, you can't be serious?" I said. He shrugged and rested his hands on ten and two. "I don't know, thought it would be an opportunity for us to finally run away together." He said raising an eyebrow and winking. I shoved him into his car door and pointed at the dimly lit street ahead telling him to drive.

Ever since we were little, we have been inseparable, as if we were joined at the hip, even though we weren't related in the slightest. He was always there when I needed him, and I was always there when he needed advice on a girl or how to handle a sticky situation. For months he's been teasing about 'running away together' or 'eloping.' It's been almost two years since we've graduated high school, and all he's wanted to do is travel, get out of this town and start a new life in another. For some reason, all of his plans included taking me with him.

"Hey, you know I was thinkin," Norman said while running his fingers along the small threads that were sewed into the leather covering that surrounded the wheel.

"Oh that's not good." I said. He looked over and scoffed before reaching into his partly empty soda cup to grab an ice cube and throw it at me. "I'm kidding!"

"What if we left right now?" He said with a devilish smirk. I glared at him with a look that questioned his sanity. "Think about it! We have enough to keep us stable, I'm sure this rust bucket can get us there, what's stopping us?" He said full of enthusiasm.

"Our jobs, friends, our homes," I said rattling off the things we'd be leaving behind. "Our families? You're ready to let all of it go?" He didn't make any eye contact, but watched the cars ahead and paid attention to the road as one should.

"It's been us since the beginning, me and you, are you willing to throw all of that away?" He said getting slightly agitated.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore." Staring out the car window, I saw how the faded street lamps caused the already stormy and eerie night to seem even scarier.  Although it was cold and rainy outside, it was cozy and comfortable in Norman's car.

"So I'll take it that's a no?" He said, bringing the topic back up several minutes later.

"Just drop it already! You do this every time we go somewhere!" I said, my voice getting slightly louder. Norman sped up a little, releasing the frustration that was built up inside him. The more we argued, the angrier he got.

"It's not like we wouldn't come back! Are you gonna stay in the same place your whole life? There's so much more out there, and you're just too scared to see it!" He yelled. I felt the car speed up more and more, causing the worry to start setting in.

"Will you slow down?! You're driving like a maniac!" I said, hoping he'd hear me. His eyes were locked on the road ahead of him. It was like all he could focus on was the constant stream of green lights. "Norman!" I practically yelled, his head snapped in my direction but not for long. He studied my face for a brief moment before looking past me. His eyes widened and he took a sharp turn into the nearest fire hydrant. The impact caused the front of the car to be completely wrecked, and the hydrant to burst. Water spewed all over, and flooded the street. Within seconds, a large semi smacked into the side of the car. The pain was unrecognizable, and the fear was indescribable. What felt like seconds, turned into hours.