And They Won't Go (1) (Daryl)

Day after day with this. This constant lingering that leaves me stranded and confused.

It never changes either. Wherever I go it's all I think about, every time I speak it's like they choose my words and make me speak what I've never thought possible before.

"Hey Daryl can you see if Glenn can," Rick stopped and noticed Daryl in distraught. He sat at the end of his cot and gripped the longer locks of hair that covered his head. Mumbling to himself and cursing under his breath. "Daryl are you okay?"

He quickly looked up and stared at Rick as though he just witnessed the unthinkable. Something to give him the fear in his eyes, causing him to freeze under Rick's concerned and softened appearance. "Can I do what?"

"Um, can you see if Glenn is willing to go with you on the run later? Two's better than one." Rick said, still preoccupied on Daryl's sketchy actions.

"Mhm." He said, standing up and softly pushing Rick aside as he bolted out of the cell and into the hallways.

"You know he's getting suspicious, he was always good at being able to tell when I was upset."

Daryl shook the voice out of his head, shuffling down the hallway he tried to reach the outside before he was swarmed with many more just like it.

"Are you kiddin me? They all know he's not all there. Look at him! He can't keep his head straight let alone his own two feet he's stumbling over!"

"It's okay man, just keep going. You're almost there."

"Hah! Don't give em' that sweet talk! My brother ain't some damn little girl. He knows how ta' handle himself, don't cha Darlina?"

He practically collapsed on the door to free himself of the endless concrete walls that only bounced the voices off of each other. The blinding sun kept him in place for a moment until he regained his sight.

"Hey Daryl!" Beth said, startling him.

"Dammit Beth!"

"Sorry, I just wanted to ask if you could pick something up while you're out? I've been needing these-" she rambled on long enough for Daryl to take notice of the large wound taking up a good chunk of her forehead. He bright blonde hair being dyed red from the blood soaking through.

"The hell happened to you?!" He said, grabbing her shoulders and bringing her closer to get a better look.

"Daryl what are you talking about?!"

"Your head!"

She brought her hand to her forehead, feeling around only to run her hand through her perfectly straight strands of hair, feeling the warm Georgia heat on her scalp. "What? I don't feel anything, what is it!" She said full of concern.

Within the blink of an eye her appearance was back to normal. Her skin was white and pure, free of blood stains or any gashes in general.

"I uhm, never mind." He ducked past her and continued walking until he found Glenn near one of the trucks.

All of these thoughts are altering everything. Can't see right, can't think right. It's all blurring together and what I'm seeing is anything but normal.

"Hey um, Rick wants you to go on the trip with me, figures I'd be better off." Daryl said, catching Glenn's attention.

"Yeah, just give me a few and I'll be there." He said with a small smile.