Chapter 28

YG POV

I sat up as I looked around, confusion written on my face.

"How did I lose a infant and a baby?" I sighed heavily.

I got up from the couch as I made my way to the kitchen. As I suspected, they weren't there or even the backyard. I turned on my heel as I made my way down the hall where Pumpkin's room is.

I was met with the door half way opened as I saw Pumpkin sitting in front her TV, looking at it attentively. I pushed the door opening walking in.

"Pumpkin why would yo-"

"Shhhhh! You'll wake the baby" I turned as I saw her sitting in the rocking chair, rocking Kae to sleep.

"How did yo- why didn't you wake me?" I questioned as I took a seat on the bed as I pulled Kin in my lap.

" I was met with Pumpkin at the door and this little one was about to get up. You seem tired so I left you" she shrugged as she laid Kae in the crib.

"Should have woken me up. How long was I asleep?" I argued.

"I know next time. I'm not sure really, but I've been here for two hours" she looked down at Kae "You know she isn't yours. That little trick is just using you. Hell! She mightn't even come back"

"I'm sure she will come back" I said while playing in Kins hair.

"What makes you think that? And what kind of trouble is she in for her to leave her newborn with a stranger?"

I shrugged "She didn't say. She texted me a week ago asking about Kae. I tried to reply but it didn't go through"

She nodded "Mmmhhhh. You need to go get a DNA test on that child" she pointed at Kae.

"I'll wait for her mother to come back" I said as she looked at me as she picked Pumpkin up from my lap, walking out the room with me to follow.

"I'll just get those home DNA kits" she shrugged while setting Kai on her feet to play with her toys.

"No you will not" I said sternly.

She jerked her head in my direction "I'm looking out for your safety and wellbeing"

"I can do that on my own. This is between Belinda and I and no one is going to get involve in it"

"You wanna be a man and take up responsibilities, fine. Let's not forget you abandoned the only person who was there for you while caring your 'first born'. You can't be captain save a hoe with this one"

I rolled my eyes "Hanging that bull shit over my head, even to this day. It's fucked up how you make a mistake and people deem you as a fuck up"

"Boy" she pointed her finger up at me "I am your mother. You will not speak to me like that and I'll be damn if I watch this trifling hoe suck you dry over a kid that isn't YOURS. I don't want you getting your hopes up and she isn't yours"

"It is what it is" I shrugged "What's up? Like, why you here?"

She looked at me from the corner of her eye "I came to check on my oldest son and grand, since he forgot all about me"