Chapter 3

Things change. People being one of those things.

Kai POV

Five months earlier...

Okay so I really got my nails did to match my whip, all because I can.

It's been a whole week after my birthday visit back home that G had planned for me. Things were okay between my mother and I. She's still her but we're getting there. We made a vow that if anything is bothering either one of us, we would come out and stay it rather than bottle it up. It was a big step for the both of us. I've tried my hardest to get G off my mind but I wasn't successful but it's all apart of getting over a break up. I personally don't want anything to do with him and Milan.

The entire time I was about there, I was sick which I'm guessing is the cause of the weather shift for me.

It's the week before Christmas and I've just been to myself mostly. Ever since that morning with G, I just got all ties with everyone. At this point, I just wanted to dig a hole and crawl in it and stay there. I just wanted to be alone in my own little world. Kai's World were everything would be fine. You would have unicorns and rainbows and people made out of candy running around the place. I would have cotton candy for hair. But no. I lived in a world were everyone was just mean to me.

Two weeks and I'm still sick. I'm convinced that it's food poisoning at this point. I'll go to the doctors after New Years. I really don't want to deal with the hustle and bustle of the holiday activities.

My days are made up of me just going to work, getting food and playing games. I even changed my work scheduled so I'm no longer working around Becca. I haven't spoken to Captain Meany since the day I left. He texts me every other day to check up on me. It's really sweet and I appreciate what he's doing but I just want him to stop but doesn't know how to tell him. I'm debating if I really want to cut off all ties with him or not.

Everyone's been checking up on me but I really want to deal with my loneliness alone.

YG POV

"YOU DID WHAT????" Her voice boomed.

"I-"

"I know what you did I just can't believe you did that" She sighed.

After Kai left I went straight to my Mamas for some advice on what I should do.

"I don't know what Imma do" I propped my head up on my hands.

"Leave her alone, if she comes back then she's for you but I'm really disappointed in you Kee. I didn't raise you to treat women like this" She said.

Since that day I've been trying to get a hold of Kai but couldn't. I knew she was back in Cali but I guess she's really done with me. I was driving around until I found myself at the pet store. I walked in casually as I watch the different animals around the store.

"He's cute ain't he?" A unfamiliar voice said.

I looked up to be greeted with a female worker.

"Yeah" I said.

In the middle of our conversation, my phone interrupted us.

"Sup blood?" I said as I made my way out the store.

"Chillin' sup wit you man?" Slim asked.

"Out in town riding around"

He chuckled "Lonely huh?"