Chapter 21

I didnt mean to break us, baby. I know you tried to save us baby. I was in them streets like everynight, messing with girls that ain't even fine. I was being craze and now i lost my baby, don't leave me.... - Heard U Was In My City.

*

YG POV
A few nights ago...

Jealous wasn't even the word to describe how I felt when she left out with that nigga. For this 'date' she was going to have with him.

I knew this nigga was using her just to get through with me and the gang. I couldn't stand the fact that he was using her and playing it cool, while I did the same and went through hell.

Kai couldn't leave me, I needed her for sure. After she left, I just sat around the house dwelling on the past and all the good times we had. I still didn't understand why she wanted a new nigga.

Maybe she just wanted to get back at me because of Bilinda. Yeah, that's it. Being around Pumpkin for those few hours I had her, I realized that Kai and I needed to be together for her.

"You love yo father don't you?" I questioned Pumpkin.

She was sitting on my lap looking at the TV. Brave was showing and she showered zero interest in me.

"Little lady I'm speaking to you" I tickled her as she fell over onto the bed giggling.

"Daaaa!!" She squealed.

"Pumpkinnnnnn!!!" I laughed.

She tried sitting up but kept falling over on her back. Tackling her with a shower of kisses, as the room filled with her laughter.

She gently hit my face in hopes of me stopping.

This right here is what I lived for. Every time I laid my eyes on her, I'll instantly regret all the hurt I've caused Kai.

Coming up with the idea of taking Pumpkin with me away from Kai, which will make her realize just how much she needed to be with me and rid of that fuck nigga.

Grabbing a piece of paper and pen, I started writing on the sticky note.

Dear Kai, I took Pumpkin and I'll be keeping her with me until I know your not around T. I don't want my daughter exposed to anything that has to do with him, even if that includes her own mother -Keenon

Packing a few things for Pumpkin, I left out the house strapping her into her car seat, I made my way to no where in particular. Driving along the dark streets looking at Pumpkin a in the rear view mirror, as she looked sleepy.

*

Pulling up to the gas station, I filled up as I set off on my journey. Finally deciding on going to Oakland for a couple days seems like a really good idea.

Making it to the motel, it was already midnight. Paying for the room in cash, taking Pumpkin with me to room as I laid her on the bed. She was sound alseep.

Kai couldn't care less about me. She showed me that tonight. She's probably gonna marry the fool have his kids. Forget all about me, even take Pumpkin away from me because she wanted too.

Lucky for me, I beat her to it.

A week later...

Talking about how much I can do without her showed me how much I needed her. Not being able to speak to my once love of my life this past week was nerve wrecking. Seeing Pumpkin and how much she favors her mother's beauty.