Chapter 29

I'm thinking about doing a character Q&A from this book on my tumblr or maybe on here. What y'all think?

Next night ....
Kai POV

"Mama I want Booboo" Pumpkin pouted as she sat in her bed.

"I'm sorry babe. He's with your daddy" I informed her.

"But" her bottom lip quivered.

"Hey hey hey" I said as I tried to calm her down "Your a big girl and big girls don't cry"

She looked at me with teary eyes "I want Booboo"

She loved that bear so dearly, which gave me an idea. I swiftly pulled her covers back as I got in the bed under the covers with her.

"Wanna hear a story?" I asked her as she laid back on me while nodding her head.

"Okay. Once upon a time there lived a princess. A young beautiful princess. She was once locked away-"

"Why was she locked away?" Pumpkin asked me.

"Because her evil mother didn't want her to see the glorious world out there. One day, the princess was finally set free. So she ventured the lands in search of a place to stay. She was all alone in the dark and creepy woods" I said the last part in a creepy voice "She soon came upon a wooden house in the middle of the forest. The sky was turning grey and she had no other choice but to head into the house. She turned the door knob and pushed the door in, slowly entering. From her observation, it looked as though some lived there. As she got familiar with the home, she got comfortable as she waited for the storm to pass. She set off into the kitchen to make herself a hot cup of coco. With her back turned, she felt an uneasy presence. She slowly turned around to be met with a" I paused as Pumpkin looked up at me "A BEAR!"

"Aahh!" Pumpkin hid her face into my chest as I chuckled while rubbing her back.

"This bear was big and mean. No one entered the forest because they were afraid of him. Yet alone, enter his house. The princess didn't know about the bear. And Mr Bear knew nothing about the Princess. She smiled at him and spoke 'Hi would you like a cup of coco?' The bear just growled at her and said 'No. Why are you in my house?' She continued to make her cup of tea while she whipped up some muffins 'why are you here alone?' When he answered 'I liked being alone. You should leave' The princess was kind, sweet and caring, all she wanted to do was to bring joy to anyone she met. She stayed at that house with Mr Bear for all of eternity. She came to figure out he was the way he is because he needed someone to love and care for him. Which is why he became her Booboo Bear" I sighed as I looked down and saw Pumpkin sleeping peacefully "And they both had a little Bear cub, the end" I kissed her forehead before gently getting out of her bed.

It only dawned on me that I once called Keenon, Booboo Bear. I'm not even sure when she was born till now if I ever called him that.

As I swiftly made it out her room, I closed her door half way as I spun around, almost having a heart attack when T stood behind me.

"Damn T" I breathed out while holding my chest "You scared me"

He chuckled "I'm sorry. I was just about to head to bed"

I nodded as we made it to our room. Getting into bed we both snuggled up to each other.

"How is your mother?" I asked him.

T decided to make his regular trips back to Cali since the first time he brought it up.

"She's recovering. I have a lot of eyes on her" he yawned "I'm just tired and glad to be back" he turned over laying on my chest while his hand was hooked around the lower half of my body.