Chapter 5: The Mournful Goodbyes

The crystal ball rolled onto the ground and the god popped out of it.

"Ahh I see you've done it," The god said.
"To be honest, I underestimated you guys." The god said itching the back of his neck.

"Wow thanks." Yuka said.

The got winked at her and she blushed.

"Just let us home!" Yuka demanded.

"Oh, did I forget to tell you?" the God says, in a teasing sad voice.

"What?" Haruka says, standing next to Kumi.

"You must kill one of your teammates before you can go back to the real world. Good luck." The god says breaking down laughing.

"Wait! Technically Kumi already did kill a teammate, she killed Paige." Haruka pointed out.

"True, true. But, that was before the game started. You had to do it while the game begun." The god replied lazily.

"You tell us this now? After all we've done! I hate you!" Yuka shouted, giving him the finger.

"Love ya too, cutie." The god said before vanishing.

Everyone looked at each other in shock.

"I think we could do without Kumi." Seiji says, his anger rising.

"You must be fucking insane if you think I'm gonna let you kill my girlfriend." Midorima says, standing in front of Kumi.

"I'll be fine. It's not like he's actually gonna do it, babe." Kumi says, kissing his cheek, and then moving to the side.

"Who says I was asking permission?" Seiji says, taking multiple blades and killing Kumi almost immediately.

Midorima falls to the ground at the sight of Kumi's dead body.
You know how they do in the movies? It was like that, only real life.
Midorima starts to feel tears in his eyes.

"Kumi.. You can't be dead. Please, get up. Please.."

Haruka runs over to Kumi, and starts to shake her violently.

"KUMI! WAKE UP! YOU'RE NOT DEAD! I KNOW YOU'RE NOT!"

Yuka can't stand the sight, and she just runs, and runs, far away to the other side of the game, but still in the same room.

Midorima starts to cry, and his tears fall on Kumi's face.

"Kumi.. Please.." he says, his voice slowly getting lower.

"She was so sweet.. Caring.. She would do anything for me. Why would this happen to someone like her?" Midorima thought.

Flashback

"Don't worry, Midorima! I'm saving myself for you!"

"I-I love you too!"

End of flashback

I loved her.. so much..

"Midorima, stop crying. It's not a big deal." Seiji says, putting the weapon in his pocket.

"Not a big deal?" Midorima says, turning his head, with death in his eyes.

"Do you know.." Midorima pauses. "HOW MUCH I LOVED THAT GIRL?!"

All of his sorrow turns into rage as he kills Seiji, making him drown in his own blood.

"SEIJI!" Kanato ran with tears flowing in his eyes.

"H-how could you?! Do you fucking understand how much he meant to me?! He was like my brother! I love him as much as you love your fucking girlfriend!" Kanato shouted fiercely.

He rose up a fist as punched Midorima onto the ground, making his nose bleed. Midorima got back up and punched him, making his nose bleed as well. They both fought, punching one another left and right. Yuka ran back and both her and Haruka stopped them.

Haruka grabbed Kanatos wrist and Yuka grabbed Midorimas.

"Kanato please!" Haruka said with tears in her eyes. Kanato looked her in the eyes and pulled his hand out of her grasp.

The god came back.

"I see you've done your deeds. Well, a deal is a deal. Don't worry, she'll be put in a beautiful coffin where she'll be remembered greatly." The god said. He used his powers and sent them back in his universe.

"I'll take you back home to the human universe once you're all ready." The god said.

"We're done. Its over. We can go back to living a normal life." Yuka said.

"Yep. Its great, isn't it?" The god said, looking over at Yuka.

Yuka nodded and walked over to the god, placing her soft lips on his.

"I-I love you..." Yuka said, looking down and blushing.

"Hah, I knew you had a thing for me." The god said, raising her face up so she can look at him.

"By the way, I'm Ryu." Ryu said.

Kanato and Haruka placed their warm, chapped lips onto each others.

Midorima grabbed his sword and placed it so the sharp tip was facing his chest.

"Don't worry, Kumi, i'll be with you." He thought.

Ryu noticed and snatched the sword away. Midorima looked up at him in anger and began throwing punches and kicks, but of course, Ryu dodged all of it, he was a god after all.

"You and your stupid game! I lost my girlfriend because of this and you!" Midorima shouted.

"Look, I didn't make the game. I also didn't kill your girlfriend, so it wasn't because of me." Ryu replied, plainly.

"Do you not care at all?!" Midorima roared.

"I'm sorry, did I not show any emotion? I hope you know I do care, but I've had many things happen to me to the point where it sounds like I don't give a flying fuck." Ryu stated.

He called out his dragon and everyone hopped on and held on tight, soaring back to reality.