Chapter 37

LUHAN's POV

I heaved a deep breath when the cold wind stroke my face.

I wonder what will happen next. It's been an hour since eomma left and her last words were pretty serious.

I shook my head when I remembered what I heard. Baekhyun kissing Shye is making me mad for no good reason-I mean, I know, but I don't wanna think about it.

"So you're just going to sit here like this?"

I turned back and saw Baekhyun leaning against the door of my room. He's just looking at me with that unreadable look of his.

"What would you expect me to do? Be happy for you already had your first kiss? Well then, congratulations."

I answered sardonically and averted my gaze. I slammed my back against the bed and stared at the white, empty ceiling.

"Damn, hyung!" He suddenly cursed. "I'm expecting you to get mad at me-punch me and tell me to stay away from her!"

My forehead creased. "Why the hell would I?" I groaned just then he appeared in front of me, grabbing me by the collar.

"Do I still have to punch you, so you'd snap out of it?!"

My eyes squinted. "Why are you doing all of this in a trice, Baek?! You already have her. We all know about that, so why do you have to act like this?!" I groaned. "You love her and-"

"AND SO DO YOU!"

I don't know why, but it stopped me and for some reason, something inside me is hurting-it hurts so bad I had to nudge my chest.

"Don't be such a fool, hyung!" He added and slammed me back on my bed. "I'm not saying this for you, but for her. We both know that you're the only one who could make her happy."

I turned right when he threw something on my bed-Shye's necklace. I took it and slowly pushed myself up with my free hand.

"W-Why do you have her necklace?" I stammered for who-knows-why.

He didn't answer. His facial expression remained calm, eyes dropping on the necklace in my hand.

"You're the one who promised her everything and if you still can't remember that, I can-," he sucked his lips in a split second and heaved a deep sigh. "I can shed you some light."

"What do you mean?" My brows met.

"I know you can't remember anything but the girl you've promised everything is not Yuna, hyung, it's Shye," his voice is soft, almost like a whisper, but I heard everything clearly.

My lips parted, absorbing every word he's saying.

"N-No! You're wrong," I finally said. "I-I know it's Yuna. She told me that, and why would it become Shye, anyway? We met her just this month. That's impossible."

Baekhyun shook his head. "No, hyung. We already met her back when we were still kids."

A lump formed in my throat all of the sudden.

"And that necklace your holding..." He paused and look at me. "It's yours-the other half of the necklace Shye had."

"Wow! Salamat dito, Lulu!"

I groaned and held my head when it suddenly twinged in pain; the moment I closed my eyes, an image of a girl suddenly flashed in my mind.

"Talaga? Papapakasalan mo ako?"

"Lulu, ano nga ulit sa Korean ang maganda ako at mukha akong dyosa?"

"Lulu, si Hyunnie, oh! Inaagaw manika ko. Ilayo mo siya sa akin bago ko pa maipakain sa kanya 'tong hawak kong tinidor!"