Chapter 42

LUHAN's POV

I sighed as I look at these busy people, preparing for my birthday. They shouldn't be doing any of these if it wasn't for Yuna and I extremely hate the idea.

It may sound rude but that's how I feel. I talked to her about this a while ago but she just walked out. I know she's disappointed but she knew-me having birthday issues. It's bringing up my trauma-THE TRAUMA which made me forget a part of my past, including Shye.

I have been kidnapped on my birthday.

I cringed when I remembered the abuse I've experienced-yaya Clara's voice still keeps on haunting me.

* * *

"ANAK NG POTA 'YAN, CLARA! KAILAN PA BA 'TO TUTUBOSIN 'TONG ALAGA MO?! NAUUBUSAN NA TAYO NG IPAPAKAIN DITO!"

I gasped when a man in his 40's suddenly entered the room I am locked in. He's been shouting ever since I got here; this is just my first time to see where that loud voice is coming from.

"Oh! You eat na!" He squatted in front of me and threw a stainless plate on the ground where I sat in-a thin, black satin cloth.

Nothing's on the plate aside from a piece of extra small hot dog that must be a left-over from last night's meal.

I've been starving for the past seven days since Yaya Clara abducted and took me here in their filthy hideout. I wanted to eat something, but nothing that they feed me boosts my appetite, adding the fact that my hands and feet were all tied together from behind.

My whole body is aching from this position and from the time-to-time physical abuse they have been doing. Even swallowing my own saliva hurts.

"Oh? Bakit hindi ka parin kumakain?" Yaya asked, emerging from somewhere. She held a knife in one hand and used it to point at me. "Hoy! 'Wag mo akong inaarte-artehan diyan, Lulu, ah! Kung makapag-utos ka pa naman sa akin, wagas!"

I didn't understand what she was talking about, but her high pitch voice is telling me she ain't pleased. I wanted to talk but I can't. I'm scared, she might hurt me again if I do.

I flinched when she threw the knife at me which landed right beside my cheek, cutting a part of my flesh.

I wasn't able to move, my whole body froze in shock-fear-every feelings all at once.

"'Wag mo akong matignan-tignan ng ganyan, bata ka!" She growled and I cringed back when she walked towards me in a high speed.

She pulled the knife stuck in the wall behind me and pointed right in my face.

"Kakain ka o bubutasin ko 'yang leeg mo't diyan ko isusungalngal ang itong hotdog!"

I could only shut my eyes when she dropped the knife, held my face with one hand, and started slapping me.

* * *

Their abuse lasted for two weeks before I got rescued as they refused to turn me over not until they get what they want. We jumped from one place to another the reason why the police couldn't find us right away.

I don't clearly remember the things that had happened before I got kidnapped. I got too traumatized from the injuries that they had inflicted on me and Yaya Clara's final blow on my head had me confined in the hospital for a week.

I have been diagnosed for having selective amnesia. It is a type of amnesia in which the patient loses only certain parts of their memory, most specially relationships-that's the reason why I have forgotten about Shye.

Yuna came into my life and told me that we're childhood best friends. The sound of it rang a bell; I thought the girl in my fazed memories is her which she confirmed-but then, everything's a lie.