Chapter 21

"listen Aug I love you man and I want the best for yuh , I don't want you to fall in the same footsteps like your brother man"

"You gotta girl na if they find out about her you know they goin after her"

I was really fustrated with people tellin me this . Do you how hard it is ? My family need food it aint just me and my momma its also cha and ha kids.

"I need the fast money man! I'm behind on rent we barely got food dawg and its 5 of us now. For sho now i need this money"

"Listen i'll give you money every month until you get back on ya feet..but for now this ya last week.. i cant keep you here-"

"Mane why you doin this to me! You see how hard things is for m-"

"I done lost a good brother and ya momma lost one son already she dont need to lose another one" that shut me up. Whenever people mention my brother i always go silent.

"Who goin provide for them if you gone?"

"See why i'm doin this na..since this ya last week look for a part time job somewhere..dont wait on me to give you money" he pulled me in for a hug.

"I love you mane" i just nodded and pulled away. I took my leave.
I pulled out a blunt real quick cause i was stressed right about na.

When i felt good i went to bring Mya to the car.

I turned the car on and we were off to her house. The car was in complete silence only thing you hearin is the CD Mya put in so i let the music sink in.

I've been waiting on you to ask for help
But you keep turning to someone else
But you can't do this by yourself
When will you see this
Your friends have all let you down
And your family just ain't around
Now your faith is on the ground in a million pieces
Well your plans didn't work out
And your love life is burnt out and you never stop to wonder why
Could there be something just ain't right
Maybe you need me by your side
When will you see
That I'm the only one you need I keep
I keep calling out what about me what about me
Your looking everywhere but to the one who truly cares
I keep on calling out what about me what about me

By now we reached Mya's house "we here" before i even got another word out she slipped out of the car and left.
Damn. I slammed my hand on the steerin wheel in fustration.
Lord knows what i gotta do to get her to act right with me.

I just went to my chill spot and pulled out blunt afta blunt.
Mya Cd was still playin.
I just looked up to the sky

I was just thinkin on how ama do this thing called life. This was gonna be hard for a nigga.
I feel so alone now.
I just remember the two song on Mya's cd that i actually paid attention to. What if i try God?
Would he make a way for me like he did for Mya??

Nah man. If God oh so loved me he wouldnt put me through all this mess.

Dont blame god for something you caused upon yourself
The voice inside my head said.

Man whatever i aint had no choice.
**********
Mya been on my mind the rest of the week. I did all that i could this last week. So nope i barely went school and when i did Mya would ignore me.

I really sat and thought about my life. I really wanna be there for my family.

"Eyy man.. i aint seen you in a minute" dennis said as he sat next me on my porch.