Chapter 35

Homie I was
Right there, right there, right there, right there

I was freestyling until i found something that fit it best. Singing as i walking to pick up my baby girl. Noonie. When we went to the shelter Cha asked one of ha friends to care of her . She couldnt take all. Cha didnt wanna burden them either so.

Now that Travis got a place hea we can stay at his crib.

I was right there where you are I can't forget that I was
Right there, right there, right there, right there
Now I'm reaching for the stars but I remember I was
Right there, right there, right there

"Oouu vocals" some girls were listening when i was passing and started makin em comments. I chuckled and thanked them.

I finally reached the house. I knocked and as soon i did the foor flew open and there stood Shanelle. "Oh heyy Aug wassup" i told her i'm fine. She yelled out to noonie that i was here to pick ha up.

"I'm glad yall found a place to stay thank God. I've been hella worried but i always got yall in my prayers"

"Thank you Nelle 'preciate it , we could use all the prayers we cuh get right na"

"I could only imagine" Noonie pulled up with her stuff in ha hand . So i grabbed ha bags and held them for ha.

"Alright then see you noonie " she stooped low to receive ha kiss from noonie and to give it back.

"Take care na , dont stress mama Sheila too much nappyhead"

I waved ha off "I'm a man i do what i want" i mumbled.

"What you say boy you still on my lawn !!" I chuckled picking up my pace.

"Bout man, Boy Bye!" I stuck my tongue out at ha in return.

"Hey noonie" i looked at ha but she barely talked these days.
More like since her daddy died.

"You alright?" She nodded. I knew i was going have to talk to her. But if i was gonna talk to her i was gonna talk to ha i was gonna do it when i reach home.

So we both can get comfortable and talk.

"You eat ?" She nodded again. I sighed.

~~~

Soon we reach home i rested ha stuff in the room and i let her hug everybody up. She still wasnt talking not even to ha sisters.

"Noonie , baby why wont you talk ? Its me, mommy . You can tell me anything" Cha tried but she wouldnt budge. I cuh see the hurt in Cha eyes. She stood up straight and excused ha'self.

"C'mon noonie lets go talk in the backyard" i grabbed ha hand and led the way.

We sat down across from each other.
"Alright baybeh , is just me and you . Uncle Aug. You can trust me baybeh i aint finna bite you or laugh at you . Wassup baybeh ? Why you not talking?" She just watched me in my face.

"So you still not gon' talk ?" Nothing.

I sighed. "Aight" My mind drifted off to Mel.

"You know when yuh daddy past i was the same way , i didnt wanna talk to nobody and i wasnt taking care of ma'self and i end up hurting alot of people tha' i care about . Life just keeps going so i gotta do the same. I wanna luh errybody enough because i dont know when they goin die. So noonie i'm goin ask you this .. is it because daddy passed you dont wanna talk?" I was so dazed . Everytime i talk about Mel it messes me up. So when i snap out of my daze i see noonie crying.

I pulled her in my lap. I rub her back. "Dont cry babybeh everything a be alright" i kissed her forehead.

"I miss my daddy" those words broke my heart. Her crying came louder.
I tried to ease her crying but damn the way she was crying was making me wanna cry.