Chapter 4

Mya been on my mind all night, it's so damn hard to concentrate. I'm at the trap givin in what i got for the big boss. I love the man like he my brother. He hold it down for real. When my older brother Melvin got shot, he was right there givin us support i respect him for that.

"Aight Gentlemen , some a yall lacking and yall know how i feel bout that , i want the rest of my money at the end of the week or yall finna suffer the consequences mayne , stop playing with my money" he was in a hella bad mood today and i was tryna make it worse so i did my part and brought all the guap.

"Yow august let me holla at you for a second" i dapped up the boys fo i headed to his office. "Man you know i gave you the chance to leave right ?" i nodded " so why you aint out yet ? Nigga you go to school and you got a good future ahead you man why you playin ?"

"It aint even like tha you know i need the money, my momma aint bringin in enough money ,we behind on the rent and i cant be livin on the streets , i gotta take care of my momma and send money for my sister and her kids Mel aint here no mo man" i felt my voice crack but i was at the trap i wasnt goin let nobody specially the boss see me cry .

"I understand man, just know that you could drop out this whenever you please , you know you my boy and i gotchu aight " he said. I nodded and began turning away. "Heard you got yourself a girl" i started cursing under my breath. Dennis.

"She just a friend man" He chuckled "Hmmm , that aint what i'm hearing" i chuckled and shook my head.

**********************

The next day...

I walked in and i see everybody standing chillin at Mya locker , but i aint seeing no Mya. "Hey yall" they dapped me up. "Whea Mya at ?" i ask Rebecca. "Damn" Marcus said under his breath as he shook his head. "He got it bad dawg i told you " dennis said making me roll my eyes.

"Miss her already ? is aight man i'll be Mya for you " Dennis came hugging me , i pushed him away" Nah nigga hands to yourself"

"Hey August" he made his voice sound a little higher as he gave me and innocent look. We laugh as i pushed him. "Stop that man , whea she at for real tho ?"

"I haven't heard from her since yesterday night so i dont know" i nodded as the bell rang we all walked to class. I was suppose to have economy now with Mya . So i was expecting to see her.

I walked in and signaled the teacher that i was here. I took my seat in the back. Once i saw Ophelia walked in i threw my head back in frustration. I soo knew she was going try take Mya seat next to mine.

She came but she sat on the opposite side of me. "Hey baby, why didnt you tell me you switched schools i had to hear it from other people" she frowned. I knew she was somewhat crazy but i didnt bother i still went along with it.

"I didnt tell you because i dont like you get it in yo system , i'm so tired of you , look what we had it was nice or whatever but its over, done finito , termine klaar." i made myself clear.

"Oh because you entertainin some blind skank is that the reason why ?? cause baby i promise i could be better than he-" i stopped her right there.

"Dont even fool yourself Ophelia, God knows if i had met her before you , you wouldv'e never been an option so please do not fool yourself this girl got a heart of gold something you dont know of , do me a great favor and dont put her name in ya mouth again and the only skank there is here is you ophelia , dont think i dont know what you did" i looked at her straight in her eyes givin her a serious look before i turned and tried to pay attention.

"August i told you i'm sorr-"

"Yea whatever i aint tryna hear allat" i waved my hands dismissively. I ignored her for the rest of the hour. When the bell ringed i was soo happy . I aint see Mya so you know what that means . A nigga finna roll up on her front porch.