Nothing

Nova
Chapter 14

I had slipped out the house so I could cool off. Between Krissy and Robyn and a few random girls I was tired. I just wanted to sleep. I leaned against the bannister as I inhaled my Newport. I slowly exhaled it feeling it enhance my already fucked up stated. I laughed and shook my head as the summer Chicago breeze hit my face. I licked my lips and smiled. It took me a while but I can say I'm finally happy. Great job, good ass money, and a very supportive wife. There was nothing more I could ask for. I licked my lips and places the cigarette back to my lips.

"You know that's not good for you right?" I heard a small voice say.

"Nothing is ever good for you," I mumbled.

I wasn't in the mood for small talk seeing as my thoughts were now broken. I took another puff and looked down at my ex. I furrowed my eyebrows in confession as to why she was talking to me and when did she get here. I don't even remember. I licked my lips as my eyes roamed over her frame. She had lost a lot of weight. I feel like it was to much because her head looked bigger. She still had her big breast and her ass sat up a little more. It wasn't big it was just firm looking. She wasn't ugly in passing. Carmel skin , 5'5 , nice big brown eyes and she had lips like Kehlani. Not to big not to small. So she was cute, but to me she looked like Jamie Foxx when he dressed up as Wanda on Livin' Color. I was a firm believer in what you are on the inside make you more or less attracted on the outside.

"I see Rico still hates me," She said and laughed.

"He never really liked you to begin with," I said as I looked down at her to see her feelings hurt.

"Well damn Nova can you be anymore blunt?"
She asked me and laughed as she leaned over the banister.

"Possible," I said and laughed causing her the laugh too.

"Well I see that you are engaged as well. Congrats," She said.

I wasn't going to tell her that me and Robyn have been married for 2 years. I was just going to let her jump to all the wrong conclusions. I no longer gave a fuck what people thought and I owe all of that to Robyn. She helped me find my self and change for the better. Change for me and not for somebody else.

"You too," I said and smiled as I flicked the butt of my cigarette into the night.

I sighed and sat down on the outdoor couch.

"When are you two gonna tie the knot?" She asked me and folded her arms against her chest.

"I don't know," I said and smirked.

"Well I'm getting married this coming spring," she said and smiled.

I guess she was trying to make me jealous. I couldn't fight it so I looked at her and laughed.

"What's so funny?" She asked me as she raised her eyebrow.

"Nothing Melody. But word of advice make sure you marry for all the right reasons and not the wrong ones. Because that for richer or poorer shit is real life," I said and smirked.

I knew she was only marrying for money and not love. I've married for love. Yeah my money high and long as fuck, but when I'm around my wife none of that ever crosses my mind. Everything else is irrelevant and she is my main focus. I also know she ain't marry me for money because she had her own and probably more than me.