Wife Card

Nola
Chapter 62

I sighed as I walked into me and Robyn's house. I was exhausted and ontop of that I was getting sick. I had to work in New York for a bit and Robyn was here in her hometown.

"Baby!" She yelled as she came running towards me.

"Hey Robyn," I said as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"You sound bad baby," she said as she pulled away from me.

"Yeah," I said.

My head was pounding. I just wanted to sit down for a little bit. She placed her cheek next to mines.

"You are burning up baby," she said as she pulled me closer.

I let out a small groan. My body was sore as fuck.

"It's hot outside," I said and chuckled.

"Nova you sure you're okay?" She asked me a little worried.

"Yeah love. But as much as I would love to fuck you I don't have the energy," I mumbled as she rubbed my back.

"That's okay I'm on my period anyway," she said and pulled back.

I groaned. That means she needs snacks.

"Okay," I said as I sighed and reached in the bowl for a set of car keys.

"Where you going?" She asked me.

"To get your fat ass some snacks," I said.

I licked my lips and ran my hands over my face. I didn't need a cranky wife and if going to the store to buy her junk food made her happy and not annoy me then I was going. I get annoyed really easy when I'm sick. I felt her grab my shirt and pull me further into the house. Besides I could get me some Orange juice for this cold.

"No. I'll get my snacks and some medicine for you," she said.

I looked at her and raised my eyebrow. She seemed a little excited that I was sick. She had a small smirk on her lips.

"Why are you so excited?" I asked her as she pulled me up the stairs and to our room.

"We have been married for 3 years and dated for one and you never been sick. I have been sick a lot and you have taken care of me so now it's my turn," she said as she opened the door.

"I only get sick every 2 years," I said as I looked at our bed like it was naked girl waiting for me to dive in.

"You weren't sick when we dated," she said as she turned around and raised her eyebrow.

"I was. But I think I was working on a case when I got that cold," I said as I smirked.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

"Didn't need you to worry about me," I said and licked my lips.

"Don't do that any more," she said as she turned me around and pushed me on the bed.

"Shit," I groaned.

That shit made my head hurt. I watched as she bent down and took my shoes off my feet.

"You look like you're getting worse," she said as she stood up.

"I am. I just need some rest and orange juice and I'll be good," I said as I laid back on our bed.

"Get up Nola. We need to get you in the shower and into fresh clothes," she said.

I groaned.

"Robyn I love you, but you are annoying the fuck out of me. Just let me rest first," I mumbled.

"You are a cranky ass sick person," she said.

"I know," I mumbled as I rolled over on my stomach.

"I'm pulling the wife card. Get yo ass up and in the shower and out of those sweaty ass clothes now," she said.

Her voice was stern and accent was heavy. I fucking hate the wife card. She only pulls it when she is serious about something. I knew better than to question her. She would beat my ass. I knew she could too because my body was weak as fuck right now. I groaned and got out of the bed. I heard her giggle. I gave her the finger as I made my way into the bathroom.

"And don't just turn the shower on and sit on the counter. I will lay your clothes out and you better smell clean by the time I get back!" She yelled.

My head throbbed. You fake a shower twice because you don't want to go somewhere and you never live it down.

"Whatever," I mumbled.

"I will beat your ass Nola! Play with me if you want to!" She yelled.

I laughed and coughed. Fuck this was gonna be a nasty ass cold. I sighed and started the shower. Once it heated up I got in and let the water hit against my body. I can't even lie it felt great.