Higher

: 3 years ago:
Nola
Chapter 35

"Robyn?" I said as I looked at my girlfriend drenched in rain.

I looked her up and down. She had on some pajama pants, a black hoodie, her timbs and a bottle of something dangling from her grip. I groaned she was drunk. I saw it as she swayed back and forth in my front lawn that held her and her car.

"I'm sorry Nova," she said.

I licked my lips and shook my head.

"Come here," I said.

I watched as she stumbled over to the porch. She slowly walked up the stairs with her head down. She stopped in front of me. I grabbed her hand and pulled her closer into me. I slowly took the bottle from her.

"Go inside," I said as I placed my other hand on the side of her face and pulled her face up.

Her eyes were red and puffy.

"You drove here drunk," I said more to myself.

"I'm sorry Nova," she said as more tears cascaded down her face.

I smiled and pecked her lips. I tasted the whisky and weed on her lips. I ran my hand over her wet hair and down to her neck.

"Go inside. Imma move your car," I told her as she nodded her head.

I watched as she slowly walked into the house. I ran out in the ran and moved her car into my driveway. I cut her engine and ran back into the house. I closed the door and slipped off my house shoes. I walked into the living room to see her sitting on the couch soaked and nervous. I ran upstairs and grabbed a towel and some dry clothes for her. I ran back down the stairs and walked into the living room. I saw her setting there staring at the wall as tears fell from her face. I licked my lips and walked in front of her.

"Stand up," I said.

I watched as she slowly looked up at me and slowly stood up.

"I should have told you. I didn't think it was important," she said as she looked up at me.

"Robyn anytime you are hurting and going through shit it's important. I'm pissed you lied and hid it from me. You know I hate that shit," I said as I tugged at the bottom of her wet sweat shirt.

She raised her arms and I pulled the hoodie off her body and tossed it on the floor. I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around her wet upper body as I rubbed her shoulders trying to warm her up.

"I know," she mumbled.

"You don't talk about your home life. You just say it's fucked up," I told her as I moved my hand down the drawstring on her pajamas and untied it.

"You really want to know?" She asked me.

I pulled her pants down as she stepped out of them.