Chapter 15

Ross's POV

I went home, I unlocked the door. Then slammed it behind me. Everyone stopped what they were doing, then they all just looked at me. I ignored them and walked upstairs to my room and slammed the door again. I flopped down on my bed.

"I cam beweave swee thid thad," I said, my voice was muffled, but I was trying to say "I can't believe she did that."

I heard a knock on my door.

"What?!" I said.

"It's Rydel," the voice replied.

"Come in, I guess," I lowered my voice.

I heard the door open, and some footsteps coming through it.

"Ross what happened?"

"Laura found another best friend. She found me confusing."

"She doesn't know that you've been by her side all the time."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"The true meaning is in your heart," and with that she left the room.

__________________

Laura's POV

I finally got out of the hospital. So now Raini is driving me home, she also knows that I live alone. She dropped me off, then drove away.

"Hiya house I missed ya," I said in a croaky voice.

I walked up to it and unlocked its yellow door. I went inside to see Sky running back from her room. She jumped on me, which made me giggle. I went inside my room and plopped on my bed. Sky tried jumping on to the bed, but failed. So I helped her out. I watched her walking in circles until she finally laid down with her eyes looking at me.

"Hey Sky," I said once again in a croaky voice.

She tilted her head.

"I tripped and something damaged my throat."

She nodded liked she understood. Boy, this dog knows how to listen.

"Sky, I wish you knew how it was like to be a human," I said.

She put her head back onto her paws.

"It's just hard, to keep up with friendships, relationships and such," I sighed.

I looked back at her and saw that she was asleep. I chuckled softly, and picked her up carefully. Then put her on her bed in her room. She circled around and laid down once again. I left her room, and went back into mine.

"Why is it so difficult?!" I whisper-shouted to myself.

"Because you made the choice too quickly."

"Who is that?"

"It's Ross. Why'd you betray me?"

"I-I didn't know what to do. I-I was looking out for me."

"Was that a good choice, Laura?"

"I-I don't think s-so."

"Then make things right."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I waited.

No answer.

I sighed, he's right. I do have to make things right. But it's a bit too early to go back to being best friends with Ross.

What do I do?!

(A/N)

What does she do??? Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh not telling... Sorry that it's SOOOO SHORT!

-Anna Bri😋