Chapter 34

Laura's POV

"Meghan," I snarled.

"Laura," she snarled back.

"I see that you two have met before," Rydel said awkwardly.

"Why did you being her here?" I asked.

"Uh...Merry Christmas Laura!" Rydel exclaimed.

"It's not even Christmas," Meghan and I said in unison.

"What is she doing here?" I repeated.

"I want you guys to make up," Rydel said.

"She stole my homecoming date!" I yelled.

"He asked me!" Meghan defended.

"Because of you I had to go with Ross!" I shout.

"Ugh! It's not always my fault, Laura!"

"Guys, stop!" Rydel screamed.

Meghan and I looked at her.

"Why stop now? We were just getting started," I huffed.

Meghan rolled her eyes.

"Just stop!" Rydel screamed again.

"Laur, I never knew that you didn't want to go to prom with me," a voice said.

I turned around to see Ross.

"No, it's not like that. You got it all wrong, you se-" I started to say.

"No need for an explanation, Laura. I knew it wasn't right for me to be into you," Ross said and ran away.

"Ross wait!" I cried and ran after him.

I chased him into the woods, but he was too fast. Few seconds later I tripped over a tree root and fell down flat. I was too lazy to stand up, I give up chasing after Ross.

I lifted my arm to see that the red substance came back, rising from my skin. I sighed. No one was going to help me anyway. I let my arm fall back down, and fell asleep on the cold ground.

-Few Hours Later-

I woke up, my eyes still closed. But I can still hear all my surroundings. I heard voices chattering and screaming.

"Why did you let her fall to the ground and didn't help her at all?!" a familiar voice said.

"It wasn't my fault!" another yelled.

"Sure, but look at her now! Cuts and scabs all over her!" it was Rydel who said that.

I fell asleep again, I didn't want to hear more of this conversation that they were having.

"Say something, 'cause you're all in my head like oh oh oh oh yeah yeah!" Rydel, Vanessa, and I sang.

We were coming from the mall, we had a girls' night, Vanessa was driving.

"Wait, did I come from the ho-" I began.

CRASH!

Vanessa and Rydel were bleeding badly and they were knocked out. I quickly called 911.

-

I arrived at the hospital and asked for Rydel and Vanessa's room number. The lady told me that they were in the same room, 358 on the third floor. I quickly thanked her and ran to the elevator.

I pressed the button and waited impatiently. Finally the elevator doors opened and I ran inside it. I pressed the third floor button and waited impatiently, again.

I finally made it and ran out. The room numbers were increasing. 353, 354, 355, 356, 357, 358! The door opened by a nurse.

"May I speak to you?" she asked.

"Umm, sure?" I said uncomfortably.

She pulled me aside.

"Your sister and your friend here are in coma, they haven't woken up yet. So there's a good chance that they will die in a day or two," she explained.

"How is that even possible?" I questioned.

"Due to all of their injuries," the nurse said.

"Oh, do you think they will wake up?" I asked eagerly.

"There's a 25% chance," she convinced.

"Oh," I said disappointedly.

The nurse walked away, so I walked inside the room. Vanessa and Rydel's faces were pale, same with the rest of their body. They had cuts and scabs everywhere.

I stayed at the hospital for two days and they still hadn't woke up. The same nurse walked in with a worried face.

"What happened?" I asked.

"They aren't breathing anymore."

"S-So they're not a-alive?"

She nodded.

"I'm very sorry for your losses," she said and walked out.

-

A few days later, Rydel and Vanessa had a funeral and everyone attended, except for Ross. How could he?!

He came late looking drunk, gross. He sat on top of Vanessa's coffin, and made farting noises.

I stood up but Riker's hand pushed me back down. I cried. Ross messed up everything.

"Laura, everything will be okay," Riker said.

"No it won't!" I yelled.

"Vanessa was the only family I had left after my mom and dad died!" I screamed.

"Well excuse me for farting on your sister, skinny winny," Ross said and smirked.

"How is this funny Ross?!" I yelled again.

"It's called payback or should I say revenge, Marano," he says.

I stand up and walk towards him and stop when he pulls out a gun. I look at him in shock.

"One last step, you're dead, Marano," Ross threatened.

I ran and Ross pulled the trigger. Instead of me getting shot, Stormie got shot. I ran up to her.

"Stormie! Speak to me!" I cried.

"Look what you did to your mom, Ross!" I scream.

"Eh, she wasn't supportive anyway."

I grab the gun out of his hands and point it at him.

"One last move, your done," I say.

He ran towards me and I shoot him. Ross stops running and fell back. I shot him in the heart. I dropped the gun, not knowing what I had just done. Everyone cheered.

"No, this was an accident!" I yelled.

They still cheered.

"You don't understand!"

I fall to my knees and put my face in my hands. I cried.

"Laura, wake up," Ross said.

"Huh?" I said still sobbing.

"Wake up," he repeated.

I opened my eyes. I lifted my arm to my head, I was sweating. And I was at the hospital, again. I sat up and hugged Ross.

"What's this for?" he asked confused.

"Promising that I wouldn't kill you in a million years," I said.

He let out a light chuckle.

"And Laura, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For running away like that."

"It's okay."

"So..."

"So what?" I said confused.

"Nothing," he replied.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"When are they going to let me out?" I asked.

"Tomorrow morning."

"Are you gonna stay the night?" I say, referring to the lyrics of one of my favorite songs, Stay The Night by Zedd featuring Hayley Williams.

He smirked.

"Of course."

(A/N)

Super long chapter by just typing on my phone O_o. Okay it's not THAT long but longer than the others. The girls name is MEGHAN. Jabdndndndndnd :) I got SNOW over here!!! But it's melting rather quickly.

Comment and Vote!

-A.B.
😋