2. Baby Fetal Positions

Chapter 2: The Good Girl's Promise

• BABY FETAL POSITIONS •

• KIMBERLY •

It's just a dream. Nothing more than a stupid dream. I squeezed my eyes shut forcing the image in front of me out of my head. Wake up, Kimberly. Just open your eyes. I open my eyes but the same horrific scene is in front of me. Blood. Blood is everywhere. On the ground, on my hands, on my clothes, everywhere. I can't escape the pain of these nightmares.

I squint my eyes watching my mother and father lay lifeless on the ground in front of me. They are still and pale, telling me that they are dead. I felt my lip tremble as I stand in place. My feet won't move, I can't speak. I'm useless.

My eyes shoot open. I felt large warm hands gripping my shoulders holding me in place. The sun has set and the moonlight casts shadows across the floor from my large window. I look up into the eyes that are identical to mine. Andrew's hands slowly move away from my shoulders as he sighs in relief.

He sits down on the edge of my bed running a hand through his thick hair. My body wasn't covered with any blanket, but it's still slick with sweat. There was a noise by my once locked bedroom door. My eyes look up frightened but it was only Aunt Tessa. I must have frightened her and the whole neighborhood with my screams.

"Are you alright Kimmy?" Tessa comes closer towards me with a concerned expression. A red blanket is draped across her shoulders shielding herself from the cold air. No, I'm not. Andrew is still sitting there at the end of my bed looking down at his hands.

"Yeah. It was just a nightmare. Nothing big." My brother finally looks up at me. He roles his eyes,"Kimberly has been having nightmares for the past two weeks. It's a huge deal because she wakes up screaming bloody murder each and every night." He said looking up at Tessa. I was about to object but soon thought against it. It was the truth and I can't hide it.

Tessa glanced at me with pity. Everyone pity's the girl who lost her parents. I've grown used to pity these past weeks. I even pity myself. I'm sick of all of this f*cking pity. I shake my head and crawl out of my bed. The comforter absorbs my hands and knees as I reach the edge of my bed. My feet hit the cold hardwood floors causing me to pull them back for a fraction of a second. I feel Andrew's and Tessa's eyes watching my every move.

I turn back around looking at them,"What? If your just going to pity me than you can leave. I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask you to pity me. I didn't ask for my mother and father to die. But yet, here we are. Please just leave. I need some time alone!"