17. Freaking Hulk Man

Song Above: Let it Go - James Bay

Chapter 17: The Good Girl's Promise

FREAKING HULK MAN •

KIMBERLY •

Isn't funny how one person can change your entire life. It's as if your own reflection, your own image reflects what the person wants and what the person needs. As if, you would do anything just to please them. Or possible to keep them alive.

I would do that for my brother.

It's not just that he's my only family, but he deserves to live more than I ever should. He deserves to have a happy family, wife, and kids. So, I will do everything in my power to keep him from getting hurt.

I will handle the killer. I will take the hurt for this fall. Because if I tell my brother, then we both might die in the hands of the killer. We might both fall, or he will.

I rather die than let my brother die. No matter what he does or says, it still won't change my opinion.

And as his arms are wrapped around my body, his chin resting on top of my head, I vowed to save him at all costs. To let him be the one to escape whatever mess our family has obtained.

We lay by each other in my bed, watching a movie as the sun sets, ending another day. After me crying my eyes out, I got interrogated by my brother. I told him that I was with Nathan - which he was fuming about and warning me that he wasn't a good guy for about an hour - and that I had a breakdown of our parents again.

I lied basically.

Now, we decided to have a movie night. I cherished my brother's heat as we snuggled together under the covers. We used to do this every night when we were kids. Our mother and father would always find us sleeping together with the movie playing. Often times we always slept in awkward angles.

For example, dad used to say we were sleeping in a deformed turtle position. My brother sleeps as straight as a board and I always slept curled by his side or on his back...which often led to the image of a deformed turtle.

Therefore, we get the sleeping position named deformed turtle.

"Kimbear, are you sure you're alright?" My brother whispered as Jack Sparrow was running across the TV screen.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

I just might die in the next few days, no biggie.