32. A Joyful Penguin and a Grumpy Rock

Chapter 32: The Good Girl's Promise• A JOYFUL PENGUIN AND A GRUMPY ROCK •

A JOYFUL PENGUIN AND A GRUMPY ROCK

A/N: Christmas is already stressing me out... :(

• KIMBERLY

Cookie and Cream ice cream got lodged in my throat causing me to almost choke to death. I felt the cold ice cream drip down the wrong pipe of my throat slowly as a burning fire erupted in my throat. I continued to cough, hoping that the ice cream will be cleared from my throat, but the constant gagging produced from my mouth.

This was all because of the large atomic bomb of information Jamie just threw at us. It was as if she was trying to play hop potato with a hand grenade and instead of passing it, she just throws it at Adrienne and I like it's a simple potato. News flash! It's not a freaking simple potato!

I looked over at Adrienne to see that her spoon almost got lodged in her eye as her arm reacted out of shock and flung towards her face. her face contained utter shock and confusion as she rubs the spot on her forehead, where she just hit herself with the spoon.

Adrienne and I share a look of shock before we both turned our attention to Jamie and sputtered loudly, "What the hell?!"

Adrienne was the first to yell immediately afterwards, "Let me get this straight. You have been dating a bald headed douche bag behind our backs for two whole freaking months, and you didn't even tell your best friends!?"

Jacob. She is freaking dating Jacob. One of the largest players of anything with boobs and legs in the entire high school.

Jamie looked down at her fingernails, unable to meet our accusing gazes. She says, "We didn't want anybody to know. News like us would spread like a wildfire and I personally want to make it out of senior year without death threats being thrown my way."

I wish that too, but it looks like that wish went down the drain real quick a long time ago.

I respond, "Jamie, why him?"

I faintly remember Adrienne mentioning something about Jamie and Jacob having a past a long time ago. They used to be best friends until Jacob started leaving Jamie in the dust for the fame in which high school brought him. It makes me wonder, why all of a sudden does Jacob decide to come back into the picture?

I felt suspicion creep into my veins unknowingly as thoughts of why Jacob would even try to get Jamie back when he pushed her away and broke her heart when she was young. Maybe after all Jacob Cruz does have a soft side.

"Because I forgive him. Two months ago, during the first week of school in which Kimberly came. It was as if a switch changed in him and he wanted to suddenly have me back as his friend. Then after the first week, he kissed me and we've been in a secret relationship since," Jamie shrugged and tried to fight the smile that was blooming on her face.