42. Stargazing with Pop Tarts

Chapter 42: The Good Girl's Promise• STARGAZING WITH POP TARTS •

STARGAZING WITH POP TARTS •

A/N: You are probably wondering if I am dead...but I know I'm about to be with you guys seeking answers as to why it took a month to update. Long story short, I had the update completed, Wattpad messed it up, I rewrote it and Wattpad took there sweet time fixing the problem. So I'm sorry again, even though this is becoming a pattern it seems 🙁 anyways I missed and love all of you guys! Update below...next few chapters, hold onto your seat belts. You are about to find out who the killer is.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for tears, injuries related to falling off your bed, or screaming with fangirl feels  in the next few chapters ❤️

• KIMBERLY •

The night was endless as it spread a crossed the sky in a dark veil of the unknown. Little twinkling lights, stars, glittered like diamonds against the vast sky that made up only a very small fraction of our universe.

The radio in the car played lightly in the air surrounding us, music flooding the spaces between us. As I glanced from star to star, I couldn't help but remember the memories of my father and I counting the stars on the roof of our house.

One or twice a week, when I was only seven years old, my father and I used to lay on the flat part of our roof, counting as many stars as we could. I would often get dizzy and lost from counting up to 10. My father however said he only counted one, while looking at me.

One star.

One bright object against the vast darkness.

He was talking about me.

At the time, I always though he was joking but he looked at me adoringly every time he said it. As if he was trying to remember each freckle on my cheek, strand of hair, and sparkle of my eyes. Then he would pull me into a hug and I would ask, "Why does the one star you count always have to be alone?"

Not knowing that he was talking about me.

He then glanced back into the window and saw my mom watching us with a small smile.

"Because the brightest stars shine alone until they find there match," he whispers distantly, still watching my mom with love clear in his eyes.

"What happens when they find their match?" I asked once.

My father smiled and met my gaze as he took his eyes away from mom.