24. Dancing in the Rain Kisses & Pizza

Song Above: Hallelujah - Pentatonix

Chapter 24: The Good Girl's Promise
DANCING IN THE RAIN KISSES & PIZZA •

KIMBERLY •

The next morning I wake up alone. All existing evidence of Ryder being here was gone and instead replaced by a little yellow note on my side table next to my bed.

Sleepily, I grab the note and role onto my back. Holding the note perfectly in front of my face, it read:

Had to leave before your brother came into the room. Have some sweet dreams of me, Princess.
- Your Prince Charming

I couldn't help the smile the smile that started to pull at my lips. My mind wondered to last night as we watched the Notebook and fell asleep together. Oh how my brother would have erupted like a volcano if he came into the room at that time.

Sighing, I stretch my arms high above my head and relished the night that was almost completely free from any nightmares. The stubborn smile was still stuck on my face as I groggily got up from my bed and trailed across the floor towards my closet. Tuesday. Today was Tuesday.

I cough slightly and sneeze as I walk out of my closet with a small house coat. I unlocked my door and walked down the hallway, down the stairs, and into the kitchen. It was currently still early in the morning, so I decided to be the first to make some coffee.

As I prepared the coffee into the coffee maker, I heard someone's pattering feet come into the kitchen. I sniffled and looked over my shoulder to see...Adrienne.

What the hell is Adrienne doing here?

Adrienne's hair was in a jumble of knots and her lips were slightly swollen. Stupid hormonal teenagers. It hasn't even been a week since they started dating.

"Please tell me you you used protection. Because I swear I am way too young to become a Auntie." I sighed, pouring myself a cup of coffee.

Adrienne, who just realized I was in the room, turned towards me with slightly wide eyes.

"What?" She asked. Well, I can see who hasn't put on their thinking cap this morning.

I lean my lower back against the counter tops and take a sip of the hot liquid as it courses down my throat. I croaked slowly but bluntly,"If you guys had sex, I don't want little kids running around here anytime soon."

As if realizing what I was trying to say, she gasps and practically shouts,"We did not do anything like that! We just fell asleep together."