23. The Flu and Confronting Feelings

Song: Anna Clendening - Boys Like You

* IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER *

Chapter 23: The Good Girl's Promise
THE FLU AND CONFRONTING FEELINGS •

KIMBERLY •
Friday Night

Some things are unexpected.

Some things just come out of nowhere and they sidetrack you. They throw you off of your path, whether that path was in the right direction or not. But sometimes these things that sidetrack you...they put you on the right path.

Or they can lead you down the wrong path.

The thing that sidetracked me, is a boy that has golden brown hair and green eyes with gold around the irises. It's a boy that has made me laugh, made me trash peoples houses, made me break into a bowling alley and made me somehow forget the past for the times we hang out and make me forget the nightmares that haunt me with just one simply touch through the night.

The boy that I have developed feelings for from these little things.

Trust me, I'm crazy for liking a selfish, player, that steals girl's hearts with one look. But I can't stop the feelings that naturally progress on their own. I know Ryder will never feel the same way, he has plenty other girls. Many girls like Veronica, in which he probably slept with only days ago.

Plenty of girls that probably are prettier and better than me anyways. Damn it Kimberly, why are you arguing with yourself over Ryder. Why out of all people...does my stupid hormones go to the guy that can crush you with one look?

Ryder was unexpected.

I never knew that I would like a guy (let alone a player) again. I never knew that I would like anyone again, but here I am in Ryder's car, glancing at him occasionally and cursing my stupid hormones.

You just find him attractive Kimberly. I say to myself.

Nah, you love him. My mind says back.

Great, you're back.

I've always been here stupid.

I don't like him. I can't like him.

You're right....

Wow, finally agreeing with me?

YOU LOVE HIM!

I immediately shake my head and ignore the inner argument that I had with myself. It's not like what I have with Ryder will even last. I don't know if I will even live to finish high school, depending on the stalkers requests in return for my family's safety. I will do anything to keep my family safe, even if it mean sacrificing myself in the process.