22. The Fridge Speaks Wisdom

Chapter 22: The Good Girl's Promise • THE FRIDGE SPEAKS WISDOM •

THE FRIDGE SPEAKS WISDOM •

KIMBERLY •

A couple days have passed and everything has been the same. School work, constantly checking my phone for any messages from the stalker, running from my own shadow, cheerleading practice, and Ryder. Each night Ryder and I would sneak out and get ice cream or go do something "illegal."

All thoughts and words said about the almost kiss, have long been forgotten. We have upgraded from acquaintances to possibly...friends.

It was now Friday evening and I was driving home with Andrew. He has been distant lately, I think it's because I haven't had the chance to speak to Adrienne about going on a date with him. Therefore, he always assumes the worst.

I haven't yet mentioned his breath smelling like alcohol. I don't know how to approach the subject again after the first time. So I stayed quiet.

Everyday soon blended together and I realized we were already done with the first week of February. The weather was warming slightly and the frost was receding from the recent winter.

The birds were beginning to chirp earlier into the mornings as I woke up drenched in sweat or screaming from the nightmares that still haunt me.

And...I still haven't heard anything from the stalker. That scares me more than actually having a text from them or she or he. Whoever the sick bastard is.

My brother and I reached home ten minutes later. Practice was intense. Mostly because the finals were coming faster and faster. Since my lungs have been feeling better, Adrienne made it her goal to kill be during practice. As she calls it,"Kimmy! You don't want your fat roles hanging out of your uniform, do you? Practice the routine until it's perfect!"

That earned a middle finger in her direction and a whole hour of mumbling profanities under my breath. The only good thing about practice was watching the football players play football, of course. Ryder made it his goal to distract me during practice. He would send flirty winks and smirks in my direction constantly.

I would always ignore him and role my eyes. I never read too much into those actions. Because before I knew it, he was already walking off the field with a girl under his arm. Every time, something like sharp aching needles started poking at my stomach and heart.

I will not be another one of his many girls.

Now, I know what your probably really dying to know...