47. Death Comes in Five Simple Letters

Chapter 47: The Good Girl's Promise• DEATH COMES IN FIVE SIMPLE LETTERS •

DEATH COMES IN FIVE SIMPLE LETTERS

Song Above- The Night We Met by Lord Huron

RAISE YO HAND IF SCHOOL IS KICKING YO ASS AS HARD AS IT IS KICKING MINE RIGHT NOW 🙋🏻‍♀️🖐🏼

• RYDER •

Death.

Five simple letters.

One meaning.

One simple word that could mean so much. One that could pack a punch to your gut and one word that can change your entire outlook on life.

Death.

This one word is what scares me the most. The uncertainty of where death leads you. To God...or to nowhere and possibly everywhere at once.

It's the one thing that surrounds me...suffocated me. My mother, Zoe, my dog...dead.

And as time slowed...I came face to face with Kimberly facing the same fate. My princess...the girl that I have fallen in love with, giving herself to death for a simple form of life.

Her brother.

It all happened at once and yet occurred in fragments in my deep thoughts. As I was thinking these things, rushing through the doorway towards my princess.

Axel, Calum and Jacob were left behind, beating Nathan unconscious. That dirty bastard was always suspicious. Makes me want to watch the life drain from his body for the things he could have done to Kimberly.

But that wasn't important right now. I needed to find her. I needed her to be alive and in my arms as I picked her up and felt her laughter vibrating against my body. I needed to see her dimples that were always popping up on her cheekbones when she stared adoringly at me. I needed to hear her say one more sarcastic reply to me...no matter how much I act like I hate it, I couldn't. How could I hate anything about the girl I love?

I mentally chant in my head, please be alive, please be alive.

The foul stench of the abandoned building warped around me as my legs seemingly couldn't move fast enough. My heart beat echoing rapidly against my rib cage. I could feel the faint wetness of something dripping down my forehead. Whether it was blood or sweat...I couldn't seem to care.

I pushed my way down the hallway, I could hear ragged breaths and cries coming from a room within my grasp. Pushing myself quickly through the doorway...time seemed to slow.