Chapter 22 - Next Chapter

(Okay, I'm back! I saw the good reviews some people gave me, and I wanted to come back. Also, my friend, Jazzpaw, is helping me with the chapters. She helped me with the first two, but after that she didn't have internet. But she got it back now :D)

     Gleamstar – now Starkit once again – woke up in a warm, comforting place.

      Starkit mewled, because she couldn't speak.

     "Hello, kitty," said a voice, who was assumed to be her mother, and Starkit looked up.

     Her mother... was Hollyleaf!

     Starkit gasped, and she looked around to see where she was.

     "We're in ThunderClan camp," the black mother purred, then added excitedly, "Oh look! Here comes your father now!"

     A dark figure entered the nursery, pelt slashed through with scars. Tigerstar!

     Starkit knew there was something she should know about Tigerstar, but she didn't quite know what it was.

     "This is your father, Tigerstar," Hollyleaf purred.

     I know that name, thought Starkit, but she couldn't think about it because Hollyleaf informed, "There are other kits. Go out and play with them while your father and I have a little chat."

     Starkit stumbled outside and looked around. She then noticed the body of Gleamstar being mourned by others. Starkit's gaze swept across the cats that were grieving. She noticed Lakepool and Redpaw sitting not too far from the body, crying together with their tails intertwined.

"I thought Gleamstar told you to stop being lesbians," Starkit said to them, speaking her first words.

"How would you know?!" Lakepool gasped defensively. "You're just a kit!"

"You're right," Starkit meowed, looking down at her paws. "How do I know?"

"You're Hollyleaf's kit, right?" Redpaw asked. "I think Brook and Stormfur had a kit, too. His name is Ashkit."

"You should go see him," Jayfeather, the medicine cat, suggested as he padded up to the group of she-cats. Starkit knew there was something familiar about him... but she didn't know what!

"Yes! I will, thanks," Starkit meowed before returning to the nursery. She saw Ashkit, and was about to approach him before there was a yowl from outside the bramble den. There was a mrrow of evil laughter. On one side outside, there was Yellowfang, Brambleclaw, Leafpool – who had recently passed, Whitestorm, and Bluestar. On the other side were Hollyleaf and Tigerstar!

"It's a war between StarClan and the Dark Forest!" Lionblaze exclaimed.

At that moment, Starkit realized... that her mom and dad were evil!