Chapter 1 - The Rise of a Heroine

(Okay, Jazzie-kun, please don't get mad at me 'cause you're not in it yet! You'll appear soon, so don't worry.)

     Starkit woke up. Sunlight streamed through the branches of the nursery, and some of the rays were getting into her orange eyes. She closed them again because she was still tired. But her mother, Dawnsparkle, wouldn't let her sleep. No, not today.

     "Sweetie, it's time to get up," said Dawnsparkle, her beautiful blue eyes shining like sunlight reflecting off of the lake's surface. "Today is an important day."

     "What is it, Mom?" meowed Starkit, beginning to wake up completely. Just then, the she-kit rememembered what was going to happen today.

     "Oh my gosh!" she squealed excitedly. "It's my apprentice ceremony today!" Today was the day she was going to be apprenticed!

     She darted outside, not even waiting for her mother. But Dawnsparkle quickly caught up with her purple-furred daughter.

     "Sweetie... you know the Clans don't really accept cats like us sometimes," Dawnsparkle meowed quietly, wrapping her tail around her kit and licking her head.

     Starkit pulled away from her mother's tail and glared up at her. She didn't like being told that. Just because my mom was formerly a ShadowClan cat and my dad is Jayfeather, the medicine cat, doesn't make me any different! Starkit thought, her tail twitching as ThunderClan cats began to gather below Highledge. Firestar, the brave leader of the Clan, stood tall and proud on the ledge of the quarry.

     "Starkit, come here!" Firestar yowled. Starkit looked up at the ledge and saw that Firestar was coming down, leaping onto the earth. The two approached each other, and Firestar looked down upon Starkit with interest.

     "Starkit, it's time for you to become an apprentice," the flame-colored tomcat meowed. "You're a brave and strong cat! Because of that, I have decided to mentor you myself!"

     All of their Clanmates gasped with surprise, and Starkit did, too. She even heard her mother say, "Wow!"

     Firestar licked his new apprentice's shoulder. He whispered quietly into her ear, "You'll be the best there ever was, Starpaw. I just know it."

     Still in a state of surprise, Starpaw padded away when the Clan was done cheering for her. Then, she went over to Jayfeather and Dawnsparkle. Her parents both looked very proud.

     "Daughter, we're very happy for you," said Jayfeather with his chest puffed out. His blind eyes rested on Starpaw. "But there is something I need to tell you. You see, there is a prophecy that StarClan gave to me." Starpaw was in awe as her father told her this. "It said: Out of the darkness, Stars will come and get rid of the evil Tiger and Holly."

     Starpaw gasped at the strange prophecy from her warrior ancestors. What does it mean? she thought.

(Lol, I update fast, don't I? Review or I'll hit your head with a frying pan! XD Jk)